NX-OS for Data Center Systems IOS Administrators (DCNXA)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
The Cisco NX-OS for IOS Administrators (DCNXA) v2.0 is a five-day instructor-led course designed for network administrators who are migrating from a traditional Cisco IOS environment to routing and switching platforms that use the Nexus Operating System (NX-OS). This course covers the key components and procedures you need to know to install and manage Cisco Nexus 9000, 7000, 5000, 2000 and 1000v series switches. This course will also cover important troubleshooting procedures for these platforms as well.
The average salary for Cisco Certified Network Engineer is $77,484 per year.
- Describe the differences between the Cisco IOS and NX-OS operating systems.
- Describe the features and functionality of the Cisco NX-OS.
- Describe how the Cisco NX-OS is used for functionality specific to different Cisco Nexus switching platforms, such as the 7000-series, 5000-series, and 1000-series switches.
- Understand basic and advanced configurations of the Cisco Nexus 7000-series, 5000-series, and 1000-series switches using the NX-OS.
- Understand basic and advanced configurations of the Cisco Virtual Security Gateway.
- Understand troubleshooting techniques for the Cisco Nexus 7000-series, 5000-series, and 1000-series switches using the NX-OS.
- Network, systems, and consulting systems engineers
- Network designers, administrators, and managers
- Data Center administrators, designers and system engineers
- CCNA Switching and Routing knowledge level
Suggested prerequisite courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: The Cisco Nexus platform and NX-OS
- Identifying Cisco Nexus Products
- Nexus 7000 Features at a high level
- The NX-OS Software Architecture
- Configuring Nexus Management Features
- Command syntax
- Context-sensitive help
- Navigation between configuration modes
- Configuring Layer 2 Switching Features
- Unidirectional Link Detection (UDLD)
- Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP)
- Port Profiles
- Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU)
- Multiple Spanning Tree
- Traffic Storm Control
- Configuring Nexus Fabric Extenders (FEX)
- Port Channels and Virtual Port Channels (VPCs)
- Virtual Device Contexts (VDCs)
- Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF) Contexts
- Static Routing
- Unicast RIB and FIB
- Route Policy Manager
- Policy-Based Routing (PBR)
- First Hop Redundancy Protocols (HSRP/VRRP/GLBP)
- Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS)
- Overlay Transport Virtualization (OTV)
- Understanding the Fiber Channel protocol
- Configuring FCoE
- Configuring SAN Switching Features
- Embedded Event Manager (EEM)
- Onboard Failure Logging (OBFL)
- Fundamentals of the Nexus 1000v Virtual Switch
- Integrating the Nexus 1000v with the VMware vCenter Server
- Basic Integration process
- Configuring Port Profiles
- Configuring Security Features
- Connecting to the NterOne Lab Environment
- Familiarization of the Cisco NX-OS Command-Line Interface (CLI)
- Initial Configuration of the Nexus 5548 switches
- Advanced Layer 2 Configuration of Nexus 5548 switches
- Advanced Layer 3 Configuration of Nexus 5548 switches
- Initial Configuration of Nexus 7004 switches with SUP2E Supervisor Module
- Advanced Layer 2 Configuration of Nexus 7004 switches
- Advanced Layer 3 Configuration of Nexus 7004 switches
- Initial Configuration of Nexus 1000v switches
- Advanced Configuration of Nexus 1000v switches
- Troubleshooting Scenarios for the Nexus switching platforms
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's