ONTAP Cluster Administration and Data Protection Bundle (ONTAP 9.5) (CDOTDP9)
About the course:
This course is a 5-day training course, in which three days are dedicated to ONTAP 9.5 Cluster Administration (ONTAP9ADM), whereas, the remaining two days are dedicated to ONTAP 9.5 Data Protection Administration (DATAPROT9).
The initial three days are dedicated to providing in depth knowledge, via hands on practical experience and labs, of ONTAP® cluster and its basic administration. Through these three day classes, you will learn how the process of configuring and maintaining a cluster, while practicing working with ONTAP® features. Resources are managed, stored, and networked using the OnCommand® System Manager and cluster shell. It is an all-inclusive learning path, in which the ONTAP® Cluster Administration is considered an intermediate course for NetApp employees, partners and customers.
The remaining two days are spend learning about the ONTAP Data protection administration along with the core technologies available for it. This will help you in developing your skills to proficiently use ONTAP® SnapVault, SnapMirror, SyncMirror, SVM DR, and NDMP technologies, which are typically utilized for restoring, replicating and protecting mission critical data in the enterprise. The OnCommand System Manager and NetApp storage system CLI is used to teach the backup and restoration of operations.
Additionally, the course also offers an overview of the ONTAP ® MetroCluster disaster recovery and high availability software solution.
A NetApp Software Engineer, can earn up to $99,827/- on average, per annum.
Once the course is completed and you take the exam, you will be able to;
- Manage ONTAP administrators
- Configure and manage storage resources
- Configure and manage networking resources
- Create and configure a storage virtual machine (SVM)
- Create and manage FlexVol volumes
- Implement storage efficiency features
- Create protocol servers within an SVM
- Configure basic data protection features
- Perform administrative and preventive maintenance tasks
- Describe the data protection features in NetApp ONTAP software
- Explain the components and configuration of SyncMirror software
- Describe data mirroring relationships in ONTAP software
- Configure SnapMirror relationships for data replication
- Demonstrate storage virtual machine disaster recovery (SVM DR)
- Explain the components and configuration of MetroCluster software
- Configure SnapVault software for disk-to-disk backup and recovery
- Describe NDMP operation to back up data to tape
- Explain cloud-based data protection with NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP and NetApp Data Availability Services
- Describe the NetApp and third-party software that is used for ONTAP data protection management
The course is intended to be undertaken by the following professionals
|Subjects||IT Ops & Management|
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|