Operating Cisco IP Fabric for Media Solution (IPFMSN) v2.0 - On Demand
Need Training for 5 or More People?
Customized to your team's need:
- Annual Subscriptions
- Private Training
- Flexible Pricing
- Enterprise LMS
- Dedicated Customer Success Manager
About this course:
This course will provide you the knowledge and skills around the Cisco IP Fabric for Media (IPFM) solution.
You will also learn about Cisco IPFM deployment, operation, and troubleshooting. Broadcast engineers who will use IP technologies to replace Serial Digital Interface (SDI)-based deployments will be able to take advantage from this course.
Through lab exercises that focus on building IP fabric as a baseline for a complete IPFM solution, you will learn how to deploy and troubleshoot the DCNM Media Controller to control flows through the fabric. The course also covers the Data Center Network Manager (DCNM) Media Controller, a core component of the Cisco IPFM solution.
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the overall solution and how it works, and identify all components of the solution and their functions
- Describe the DCNM Media Controller
- Demonstrate the DCNM Media Controller configuration and verification
- Explain how to deploy an IPFM solution in a high-availability manner
- Use the DCNM Media Controller to monitor fabric and to troubleshoot basic connectivity and performance issues
- Understand the approach and basic steps involved in responding to alarms and other notifications
- Understand initial sizing and capacity
- Understand the basic requirements for IPFM
- Understand how Non-Blocking Multicast (NBM) and multicast function in the IPFM
- Understand and verify Precision Time Protocol (PTP) clocking
- This course is designed for broadcast engineers.
- technical solution architects, network engineers, and network administrators may also find this useful
We recommend but do not require that you have the following knowledge and skills before taking this class:
- Understanding of TCP/IP networks
- Understand and configure basic unicast and multicast routing
- Understanding of Cisco Nexus® CLI
- Use of basic Linux commands
- Understanding of broadcast industry requirements and standardization
- Understanding of data center network architectures
- Understanding of virtualization concepts
- Understanding of Ethernet functions and standards