Oracle Database 12c Backup, Recovery and Server Tuning
About Individual Course:
Apparently, regular and effective operation of databases is a key requirement for any highly-successful organization. This intermediate-level, IT Ops Training course material will teach you about the relevant activities for maximizing the availability of Oracle 12c data, and how to acquire skills to tune the server through both manual and automated procedures. Additionally, learners will also acquire detailed knowledge about the disaster recovery for Oracle 12c databases.
Learn how to deploy backup and recovery strategies for securing Oracle 12c data
Execute automated backup and recovery procedures through Recovery Manager (RMAN) and Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
Configure Data Guard for disaster recovery purposes
Handle Oracle Database 12c server performance
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Introduction to Backup and Recovery
- Backup and recovery concepts
- Defining the Oracle architecture
- The roles of the Oracle background processes
- Multitenant databases overview
Safeguarding the Oracle Database
- Configuring control and redo log files
- Returning tables to any point with Temporal History
- Choosing appropriate backup strategies
- Generating full, partial, hot and cold backups
Achieving full database recovery
- Recovering tablespaces and datafiles
- Repairing online redo logs
Flashing back the database for fast recovery
- Configuring flashback database
- Returning to pre-arranged restore points
Automating Backup and Recovery with Recovery Manager (RMAN)
- Contrasting control file and Recovery Catalog usage
- Creating and maintaining the Recovery Catalog
- Specifying redundancy and channel utilization
Generating RMAN backups
- Optimizing full and incremental backups
- Managing space in the fast recovery area
- Scripting the backup activity
- Listing and reporting on backups
Performing automated recovery
- Recovering data from backup sets and image copies
- Rolling forward image copies with incremental backups
- Retrieving individual tables with table-level recovery
Backing up and Recovering with Cloud Control 12c
Navigating the backup interface
- Configuring default backup settings
- Performing, scheduling and managing backup jobs
- Achieving full recovery with default settings
- Diagnosing and fixing corruptions with Database Recovery Adviser
Implementing Disaster Recovery with Data Guard
Setting up standby configuration
- Constructing the primary and standby parameter files
- Duplicating the primary database to create a standby
- Transporting and applying redo log data to the standby
- Ensuring performance using Far Sync
- Evaluating physical vs. logical standby databases
Managing and activating the standby database
- Keeping an active standby database in read-only mode with Active Data Guard
- Failing over and switching to the standby facility
Implementing Security Measures with Limited Performance Impact
Enhancing data privacy with Data Masking and Data Redaction
- Establishing the requirements for Data Masking
- Scrambling data to mask personal information
- Securing third-party applications using Data Redaction
- Comparing full, partial and random redaction
Monitoring and recording database actions
- Simplifying auditing with Oracle 12c unified auditing
- Managing the audit policies
Configuring and Tuning the Oracle Server
Exploiting manual performance techniques
- Optimizing the shared pool and the buffer cache
- Monitoring latch contention and wait events
- Enhancing query performance with the result cache
Managing performance with the automated tool set
- Automating memory management to minimize DBA tasks
- Leveraging Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) Database Express and Cloud Control 12c performance pages
- Tuning the server with the Automatic Workload Repository
- Performing predictive testing with Database Replay
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt