Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
To efficiently handle today's business-critical information, organizations need database systems that are reliable and scalable, as well as experienced professionals to manage them. In this training course, you gain the skills to unleash the power and flexibility of Oracle Database 12c, while gaining a solid foundation of database concepts, SQL, and PL/SQL, so you can develop robust databases.
- Build robust and scalable Oracle Database 12c applications
- Write efficient data manipulation statements using SQL Developer
- Create databases, external tables, sequences, and synonyms
- Ensure data integrity, establish security, and enhance performance
- Improve cursor processing with FOR LOOPs and parameters
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Introduction to Oracle Database 12c Technology
- Relational database concepts
- Applying data modeling techniques
- Defining entities, attributes and relationships
- Oracle database tools: SQL Developer and SQL*Plus
Configuring the Database Environment
Analyzing the Oracle database architecture
- Assessing memory structures, processes and files
- Establishing a storage hierarchy
Maintaining Oracle database components
- Reviewing the Oracle Database 12c installation
- Generating DBA scripts with the data dictionary
- Working with Oracle SQL Developer
Retrieving and Controlling Data
Implementing queries with SQL Developer
- Selecting, filtering and ordering results
- Avoiding pitfalls in null values
- Deploying built-in SQL functions
- Comparing CASE and DECODE functions
Leveraging powerful SQL techniques
- Joining table data using inner and outer ANSI joins
- Grouping and aggregating data
- Combining result sets with set operators
- Performing simple and correlated subqueries
Manipulating data with SQL statements
- Inserting, updating, deleting and merging data
- Locking data and managing transactions
Designing and Formulating the Database
Translating logical models to physical design
- Mapping entities and relationships to tables and keys
- Creating users and schemas
Constructing and managing tables
- Creating, altering and dropping tables and columns
- Restoring data with Flashback and the recycle bin
Developing views and sequences
- Creating views to implement security
- Comparing identity columns with sequences
Enhancing Security, Integrity and Performance
- Determining referential integrity with primary, unique and foreign keys
- Implementing deferred and enforced constraints
- Authenticating users with password controls
- Controlling access with system and object privileges
- Simplifying object usage with synonyms
- Improving privilege management with roles
- Guidelines for defining appropriate indexes
- Indexing the data for efficient retrieval
- Managing unique, nonunique and composite indexes
Server Programming with PL/SQL
Programming with fundamental PL/SQL constructs
- Declaring variables, constants and records
- Establishing conditional control with IF and CASE
- Controlling iterations with WHILE and FOR LOOPs
- Creating exception handlers for predefined exceptions
Developing with cursors
- Controlling implicit and explicit cursors
- Increasing flexibility with cursor parameters
- Simplifying cursors with FOR LOOPs
- Improving update and delete performance with CURRENT OF or ROWID
Developing Server-Side Logic
Designing modular code
- Developing procedures and functions
- Debugging programs with DBMS_OUTPUT
Building packages and triggers
- Advantages of bundling subprograms in packages
- Creating compound-, statement- and row-level triggers
- Controlling triggers with conditional predicates
Supporting web development with PL/SQL procedures
- Returning data to web applications with REF cursors
- Saving application data to the database
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's