Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
1 DayCourse Duration
Select A Class Schedule
About this course:
This course lays the foundation for all Power BI for Excel Designers. It is the first of several courses an Advanced Power BI Designer would require. Power BI Report Writers will learn everything they need to create highly effective PivotTable and PivotChart reports using data models created by more advanced Power BI Designers. Topics covered include an overview of the PowerPivot add-in, creating effective and professional reports, creating data driven narratives, effectively applying different chart styles, using data hierarchies, and creating simple custom data calculations.
The average salary for a Power BI Designer is $65,108 per year.
- Topics covered include an overview of the PowerPivot add-in
- Creating effective and professional reports
- Creating data driven narratives
- Effectively applying different chart styles
- Using data hierarchies
- Creating simple custom data calculations
This class was created for users needing to create intuitive and dynamic data visualizations, users needing to extend the capabilities of PivotTables, and business intelligence professionals with experience using Excel for analysis.
- Excel levels 1 & 2, including PivotTable & Pivot Chart skills; plus a basic understanding of database concepts.
Suggested prerequisite course:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Lesson 1 : Introducing PowerPivot
- What Is Power BI for Excel?
- What is PowerPivot?
- Power BI for Excel Key Features
- The Self-Service BI Model
- PowerPivot Components
Lesson 2 : Defining a Report
- What is a PowerPivot Report?
- Defining a Report
- Data-Driven Storytelling
Lesson 3 : Understanding PowerPivot Data
- Understanding Data Terminology
- Understanding Tables
- Understanding Relationships
- Diagnosing Data Models
- Data Model Schemas
Lesson 4 : Create Reports using PowerPivot Data
- Making Changes to PowerPivot Data
- Creating PowerPivot PivotTables
- Creating PowerPivot PivotCharts
- Creating Slicers
- Graphing Data
Lesson 5 : Creating PowerPivot Functions
- Calculated Columns
- What is DAX?
- Understanding DAX Functions
- Common DAX Functions
- Dates and Date Functions
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||1 Day|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's