Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
4 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Utilize The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) 9.1 to develop a large range of IT architectures. With this training, you will learn how to speed up and simplify development while ensuring the evolving system remains responsive to business change and is legally compliant. Using TOGAF results in consistent enterprise architecture that reflects stakeholder needs, and considers current and future needs of the business. Included in your course tuition is a voucher that enables you to take the exam at any PearsonVUE Testing Center.
- Identify opportunities for achieving business and IT alignment
- Apply a process for creating architectures through TOGAF's Architecture Development Method (ADM)
- Create an organization-specific architecture capability
- Voucher for TOGAF Foundation (Part 1) and Certified (Part 2) exams included.
- While familiarity with TOGAF 9 is beneficial, the course has no official prerequisites, and provides attendees with the level of detail needed to pass the exam.
- This is an exam preparatory course and the main focus is on successfully preparing to take the Foundation and Certification exams. Although practical skills are mentioned in the course content, developing these skills is not the primary focus of the course.
- Included in your course tuition is a voucher that enables you to take the exam at a Pearson VUE Testing Center.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Introduction to TOGAF
Aligning IT with business objectives
- TOGAF as a framework for enterprise architecture
- Explaining the role and purpose of The Open Group
- Outlining the structure of the TOGAF document
- Navigating the TOGAF Certification for People Program
Defining Core Concepts
Views and viewpoints
- Separating enterprise architecture into domains
- Categorizing architectural artifacts through an enterprise continuum
- Creating architectures with the Architectural Development Method (ADM)
- Establishing an enterprise architecture capability
- Combining TOGAF with other frameworks
Implementing the Architectural Development Method (ADM)
- Recognizing the basic structure of the ADM
- Adapting the ADM
- Scoping the architecture effort
- Detailing an architectural requirements management framework
Bootstrapping in the Preliminary Phase
- Establishing the requirements for architecture work
- Confirming architecture principles
- Defining the enterprise architecture team and organization
Envisioning the architecture work (Phase A)
- Determining target architecture value propositions
- Developing the Statement of Architecture Work
Creating Domain Architectures (Phases B-D)
- Describing target Business Architectures
- Covering the application and data domains through Information Systems Architecture
- Mapping application components to underlying technologies with Technology Architectures
Applying Enterprise Architecture Through Projects (ADM Phases E-H)
Delivering architecture projects
- Deriving Transition Architectures that deliver continuous business value
- Developing Implementation and Migration Plans
- Prioritizing work packages and projects
Maintaining enterprise architecture
- Governing and managing Architecture Contracts
- Triggering new cycles of the ADM
Applying ADM Guidelines and Techniques
Placing the ADM in Context
- Iterating the ADM
- Building hierarchies of ADM processes
Dealing with architecture styles
- Providing guidance for security architecture
- Governing Service-Oriented Architecture
Leveraging the Enterprise Continuum
Categorizing architectural artifacts
- Populating the architecture and solutions continua
- Storing artifacts in the Architecture Repository
- Exploiting the Enterprise Continuum for reuse
- Analyzing the architecture landscape through partitioning
- Aggregating and integrating content
TOGAF Reference Models
- Modeling Foundation Architecture with the Technical Reference Model (TRM)
- Exploring the Integrated Information Infrastructure Reference Model (III-RM)
Creating an Architecture Capability Framework
Developing an architecture competency
- Establishing a sustainable practice
- Setting up an Architecture Board
Ensuring conformance and compliance
- Detailing architecture compliance Reviews
- Practicing architecture governance
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||4 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's