Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
PRINCE2 is one of the most widely used methods for managing projects in the world. PRINCE2 has been designed to be generic so that it can be applied to any project regardless of project scale, type, organization, geography or culture.
This PRINCE2 certification training course provides the knowledge required to prepare for and take both the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner exams, which are given during the course.
- Prepare for and take the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner Exams
- Apply the proven PRINCE2 project management process model
- Implement the PRINCE2 principles, a framework of good practice
- Initiate projects with clear scope, agreed responsibilities, and acceptable risk levels
- Apply minimum controls to keep projects on track and deliver agreed levels of quality
- Close projects with expected outcomes, next steps, and lessons
- Improve exam-taking techniques with sample questions and papers
To sit for Practitioner exam, passing the PRINCE2 Foundation certificate, or providing proof of holding at least one of the following certifications:
- PMP (Project Management Professional)
- CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management)
- IPMA Level A (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate)
Prior to the course, we recommend 20 hours of study of the following materials that will be sent to you three weeks prior to the course:
- PRINCE2® manual, " Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2®"
- Study guide to help structure your reading of the manual
- During the course, two hours of evening study each night is required
- The PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner exams are given in class. The PRINCE2 Foundation Exam is given on Day 4, and the PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam is given on Day 5.
- If you fail the Foundation Exam, you have the opportunity to retake it during this course. If you do not pass, you may not take the Practitioner Exam.
- If you pass the Foundation Exam but fail the Practitioner Exam, you will receive a PRINCE2 Examination Institute Foundation Certificate. You will have the opportunity to re-sit the Practitioner Exam without retaking the course.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Introduction to PRINCE2
- A structured project management approach
- Key elements of PRINCE2 and how they work together
- Tailoring PRINCE2 for projects of varying sizes
- The principles that guide good practices of PRINCE2
Building the Pre?Project Foundation
Starting up a project process
- Determining project objectives and approach
- Establishing the benefits and risks
Establishing the business case
- Judging desirability, viability and achievability
- Supporting decision?making in the business investment
Structuring the project management team
- Defining and establishing the project?s structure
- Ensuring appropriate governance
- Representing stakeholders
Planning and Initiating a Project
Producing the Project Initiation Documentation
- Planning project delivery and quality goals
- Setting up the project management controls
- Developing a robust business case
- Assembling the Project Initiation Documentation (PID)
Designing the controls of the project
- Creating the project plan
- Identifying the project stages
- Establishing tolerance criteria
- Creating monitoring and reporting mechanisms
The PRINCE2 approach to planning
- Establishing the planning levels
- Employing product?based planning
- Creating the Product Breakdown Structure (PBS) and Product Flow Diagram (PFD)
- Establishing product descriptions
Applying risk assessment to decision?making
- Analysing the risks
- Devising risk responses
- Ongoing management of risk
Managing the Project
Controlling a stage process
- Assigning work, monitoring and reporting progress
- Dealing with issues and taking corrective actions
- Handling the day?to?day management of the stage
Driving the product delivery process
- Controlling the link between the project manager and the team manager
- Accepting and executing the Work Packages
- Handing the product back to the project manager
Change control and the approach to quality
- Creating and verifying products that are fit for purpose
- Incorporating issues and change control
- Keeping products safe
Managing the project stage boundaries
- Assuring the project board of stage completion
- Preparing the next stage plan
- Testing to ensure the business case is sound
The Final Stage
Closing the project
- Accepting the Project Product
- Achieving the PID objectives
Identifying follow?on actions
- Planning to measure benefit delivery
- Evaluating the project and improving future performance through lessons learned
Foundation and Practitioner Exams
Preparing for the exams
- Gaining insight into the exam process
- Applying proven tips for exam success
- Practising with test questions and mock papers
Foundation Exam: Day 4
- Taking the exam
- Obtaining your Foundation Exam results
Practitioner Exam: Day 5
- Taking the exam
- Completing the necessary Examination Institute paperwork
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's