Programmatic Development Using Apex And Visualforce (DS-DEV450)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
Are you a programmer who wants to understand how to customize applications programmatically on the Force.com platform? In this course, you will learn the core of the Apex programming language and Visualforce markup in order to customize your Force.com applications. You will get hands-on experience building data objects (sObjects) and programmatically retrieving, manipulating, and storing the data associated with those objects. You will write custom logic using Apex triggers and classes, and test that logic using the built-in testing framework. You will explore how Apex code interacts with declarative customizations on the platform, and the nuances of working on a multi-tenant platform. You'll then examine common techniques for designing solutions in Apex. These activities will culminate in an exercise building a complex trigger that takes advantage of the declarative aspects of the platform. You will get hands-on experience writing Visualforce pages to customize your user interface and Visualforce controllers (in Apex) to modify the controller behavior behind the interface. You'll also explore design techniques and the built-in testing framework around Visualforce.
The average salary for Apex Developer is $106,389 per year.
- Create and modify objects using the declarative interface
- Write business logic customizations using Apex triggers and classes. Those customizations will use SOQL and DML.
- Design programmatic solutions that take advantage of declarative customizations
- Describe how your trigger code works within the basics of the Save Order of Execution
- Describe some of the fundamental aspects of designingprograms on a multi-tenant platform
- Write Visualforce markup and code to customize the user interface
- Use the built-in testing framework to test Apex and Visualforces
- This course is designed for programmatic developers who are new to the Force.com platform, who need to be able to write programmatic customizations to both the business logic and user interface layers using Apex and Visualforce.
The prerequisites include a solid understanding of basic Salesforce concepts and functionality and:
- 1 year programming in Java (or another object-oriented programming language)
- Basic data modeling for relational databases
- Basic SQL
- Basic HTML
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Objects and Fields
- Work Effectively with Custom Objects and Fields
- Programming with Apex
- Use SOQL to Query Your Org’s Data
- Use SOQL to Query Parent-Child Relationships
- DML Essentials
- Trigger Essentials
- Trigger Essentials
- Testing Essentials
- Testing Strategies
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's
- Virtual Classroom
- 1 Day