Red Hat Enterprise Deployment and Systems Management (RH401)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
4 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
By the end of this course, students will have built their own RPM packages and will have used Subversion to manage changes to files. This course can also help you prepare for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Deployment and Systems Management (EX401) exam. This version of the course includes the exam.
Note: This course is related to Red Hat Satellite 5. If you would like to train on version 6, see our Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403) course.
- Install Red Hat Satellite server with Subscription Asset Manager
- Red Hat Satellite organizations, users, and roles
- Manage changes with revision control software
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite software channels and errata
- Construction of custom RPM packages
- Report and automation with Red Hat Satellite programming API
- Deploy configuration files using Red Hat Satellite
- Provision with Pre-boot Execution Environment (PXE)
- Administer Red Hat Satellite
- Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the planning, deployment, and management of multiple physical or virtualized servers
- Individuals preparing for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Deployment and Systems Management (EX401) exam.
Students without a Red Hat Certified (RHCE) certification are encouraged to check their experience levels by taking a free online skills assessment.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Essential system management
Set high-level goals for effective system management.
Install Red Hat Satellite
Install a Red Hat Satellite server, and populate it with software channel content.
Red Hat Satellite organization
Create and manage Red Hat Satellite organizations, users, and system groups.
Use Subversion to manage changes
Initialize and configure a Subversion repository, start a new Subversion project, and manage revisions using Subversion.
Red Hat Satellite client configuration
Register client machines with Red Hat Satellite both interactively and in automated ways.
Red Hat Satellite software management
Configure Red Hat Satellite with custom and cloned software channels to manage software updates on client systems.
Build RPM packages
Create RPM packages for use with Red Hat Satellite to enable the deployment of programs and files on client systems.
Configuration file management with Satellite
Use Red Hat Satellite to deploy individual configuration files to client systems.
Provision with Red Hat Satellite
Use Red Hat Satellite to provision Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems from bare metal.
Red Hat Satellite administration
Perform Red Hat Satellite maintenance functions including embedded database management, activate Satellite with a new entitlement certificate, and export custom software channel content.
Red Hat Satellite API and reports
Use the Red Hat Satellite API to produce simple reports and perform basic administrative tasks.
Red Hat Satellite virtual machine management
Manage Red Hat Satellite entitlements and create kickstart profiles that will provision virtualization hosts and virtualized guests.
Review course material and deploy a Red Hat Satellite server.
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||4 Days|
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's