Red Hat Enterprise Performance Tuning (RH442)
Virtual Instructor-LedLearning Style
4 DaysCourse Duration
Select A Class Schedule
This course discusses system architecture with emphasis on:
- Understanding the implications on system performance
- Methods for testing the effects of performance adjustments
- Open source benchmarking utilities
- Methods for analyzing system and networking performance
- Tuning configurations for specific application loads
- Tuning for use-case scenarios (for example, HPC, large memory, database, and file server)
- Applying tuning profiles with tuned
- Tuning virtual machines (primarily guest, but host is discussed)
- Tuning memory and caches
- Tuning CPU and memory utilization using cgroups (integrated in systemd)
- Gathering performance metrics and other data for tuning purposes
This course can also help you prepare for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Performance Tuning exam (EX442).
- Red Hat Certified Architect-RHCA
- RHCA certification represents a depth of knowledge in Red Hat Enterprise Linux and breadth of knowledge across other Red Hat technologies.
- Certificates of Expertise
- Certificates of Expertise are incremental credentials attached to an RHCE certification that demonstrate skills and knowledge in specialized areas.
- Senior Linux system administrators responsible for maximizing resource utilization through performance tuning
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) certification or equivalent experience
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Introduction to performance tuning
Understand the basic principles of performance tuning and analysis.
Collecting, graphing, and interpreting data
Gain proficiency using basic analysis tools and evaluating data.
Learn basic tuning theory and mechanisms used to tune the system.
Limiting resource usage
Understand and analyze hardware.
Analyze CPU and memory performance of applications.
Small file tuning
Tune a server for a workload involving frequent reads and writes of small files.
Large memory workload tuning
Understand memory management and tuning.
Tuning for a CPU-intensive workload
Understand tuning for CPU-bound applications.
File server tuning
Understand storage and network tuning in the context of a file server application.
Database server tuning
Tune memory and network performance using a database application as an example.
Power usage tuning
Tune systems with power consumption in mind.
Tune 'host' and 'guest' for efficient virtualization.
|Learning Style||Virtual Instructor-Led|
|Course Duration||4 Days|
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Project Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Career Paths - Find The Quickest Path To What You Need To Learn
- One Subscription, All Access - Take Multiple Courses & Become An Expert
- Manage Your Organization Through Learner & Manager Analytics
- Virtual Instructor-Led Training Supplemented With Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's
Sales (866) 991-3924
Mon-Fri. 8am-6pm CST