Securing Cisco Networks with Sourcefire Intrusion Prevention System (CS-SSFIPS)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
Securing Cisco Networks with Cisco FireSIGHT Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) is an instructor-led, lab-intensive, course that introduces students to the powerful features of the Cisco FireSIGHT system, in-depth event analysis, IPS tuning and configuration, and the SNORT rules language.
You will learn how to use and configure next-generation Cisco IPS technology, including application control, firewall, and routing and switching capabilities. You will also learn to properly tune systems for better performance and greater network intelligence while taking full advantage of powerful tools for more efficient event analysis, including file type and network-based malware detection.
This course combines lecture materials and hands-on labs throughout to make sure you are able to successfully deploy and manage the Cisco FireSIGHT system. This course also prepares the students for Cisco: 500-285 exam.
The average salary for Cisco Certified Network Administrator is $84,000 per year.
- FireSIGHT system training infrastructure
- Navigate the user interface and administrative features of the FireSIGHT system, including reporting functionality to properly assess threats
- How to deploy and manage Cisco FireSIGHT devices
- Various detection technologies used in the FireSIGHT system
- Create and implement objects for use in Access Control policies
- Advanced policy configuration and FireSIGHT system configuration options
- Analyze events
- Write and configure basic Snort rules
- Security administrators
- Security consultants
- Network administrators
- System engineers
- Technical support personnel
- Channel partners and resellers
- Technical understanding of TCP/IP networking and network architecture
- Basic familiarity with the concepts of intrusion detection systems (IDS) and IPS
Suggested prerequisite courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Module 1: Security Technology Overview
- Module 2: Cisco Firepower System Components and Features
- Module 3: Introducing the Cisco Firepower Management Center
- Module 4: Deploying Cisco Firepower Managed Devices
- Module 5: Cisco Firepower Discovery
- Module 6: Access Control Policy Prerequisites
- Module 7: Implementing Access Control Policies
- Module 8: Security Intelligence
- Module 9: File Control and Advanced Malware Protection
- Module 10: Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Module 11: Network Analysis Policies
- Module 12: Detailed Analysis Techniques
- Module 13: System Administration
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's