SQL Server 2012 And 2014 Internals and Query Tuning (SQL-245)
- Learning Style
- Course Duration
Select A Class Schedule
This course will be presented on SQL Server 2014 and cover features specific to that version, but much of the information is relevant to SQL Server 2012 and SQL Server 2008 as well.
This 5-day intensive seminar was developed by one of the world's leading experts in SQL Server internals. Topics to be covered include the following:
- SQL Server Architecture and Metadata
- Physical Storage Structures
- Index Design and Tuning
- Query Processing and Query Plans
- Optimization and Recompilation
- Concurrency Control: Locking, Blocking and Row Level Versioning
- In-memory OLTP
- Query Tips and Techniques
- Troubleshooting Tools
The course includes extensive demonstrations that illustrate the details of SQL Server internals as well as performance tuning techniques.
- Examine details of SQL Server's internal structures to determine their impact on query performance.
- Use the SQL Server 2014 Dynamic Management Objects to determine SQL Server's internal behavior.
- Read query plans to determine where a poorly performing query needs tuning.
- Determine if concurrency issues are causing problems with performance and choose an appropriate solution.
- Experienced SQL Server professionals.
Before attending this course, students should have a good understanding and practical experience of SQL Server programming and administration. This is an advanced seminar designed for experienced SQL Server professionals.
|Learning Style||Virtual Instructor-Led|
|Course Duration||5 Days|