StorageGRID Administration (STRSW-ILT-SGWSADM)
About this course:
This course covers the basics of StorageGRID administration. This course focuses on enabling you to use the Grid Manager to monitor and manage a StorageGRID Webscale 11.1 system. You learn to create and manage storage tenant accounts and users. How to configure information lifecycle management (ILM) rules and policies to manage object protection. You will configure the StorageGRID NAS Bridge node for integration with legacy applications. You will configure a StorageGRID Archive node to integrate an external archive storage system. Finally you will learn how a StorageGRID system can be integrated into the NetApp Data Fabric.
This course focuses on enabling you to do the following:
- Use the Grid Manager to monitor and manage a StorageGRID system
- Create and manage storage tenant accounts and users
- Configure information lifecycle management (ILM) rules and policies
- Learn about the different monitoring and administration interfaces and solutions
- Configure the StorageGRID Archive node
- Configure the StorageGRID NAS Bridge node
- Configure and manage email notifications and custom alarms
- Describe how StorageGRID can be integrated into the NetApp Data Fabric
- NetApp employees, partners, and customers
- StorageGRID Webscale Fundamentals
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: StorageGRID Components and Services
- StorageGRID components
- Admin nodes
- Storage nodes
- API Gateway node
- Archive node
- Node service workflows
- Optimal storage nodes
Module 2: StorageGRID Grid Manager
- Grid manager
- Node page
- Topology tree
- StorageGRID configuration options
- Transformation options
- Object Durability options
- StorageGRID adminstrators
- Access control
- Local groups
- Identity federation
- StorageGRID management API
Module 3: Storage Tenant Administration
- Tenant accounts
- StorageGRID grid manager tenants page
- Tenant manager
- Tenant access control
- Bucket access control
- S3 Bucket configuration options
- Platform services
- CloudMirror replication
- Notifications configuration
- StorageGRID tenant API
Module 4: Information Lifecycle Management
- ILM policies and rules
- Storage pools
- Storage grades
- S3 Regions
- Configuring ILM policies
Module 5: Monitoring the StorageGRID System
- Severity indictors
- Grid node events
- Alarm class types
- Configuring notifications
- Metrics API
Module 6: StorageGRID Archive Nodes
- Workflow during object archiving
- Archiving to the cloud
- Archiving to tape
Module 7: StorageGRID NAS Bridge
- NAS bridge
- File system and buckets
- Configuration workflow
- Configuring an SMB file system
- Configuring an NFS file system
- Maintenance tasks
Module 8: StorageGRID Maintenance
- StorageGRID autosupport
- Audit log
- Managing StorageGRID services
- Monitoring node services
- Maintenance procedures
- StorageGRID system tasks
- Adding nodes
- Expanding the system
- Recovering nodes
- StorageGRID software upgrades
Module 9: Integrating a StorageGRID System
- ONTAP FabricPool
- Security certificates
- Add an ONTAP cloud-capacity tier
- SolidFire backup to cloud
- E-Series cloud connector
- NetApp cloud sync
- NetApp SaaS backup
- Exploring Grid manager
- Creating and managing StorageGRID administrator accounts
- Managing tenant accounts
- Using S3 tenant accounts
- Configuring basic ILM
- Object storage tiering
- Placement based an object Metadata
- Alarm management
- Archiving to the cloud
- Configuring the NAS bridge
- Grid maintenance tasks
- Integrating with a swift protocol client
- Using API docs to manage the StorageGRID system
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt