IoT Architecture Design and Business Planning
About Individual Course:
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription plan gives you access to this course and over 820 other popular courses
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99/ Month
About this course:
This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in IoT.
Is your business preparing to roll out an IoT solution to a production environment? Do you need to evaluate your solution architecture or submit final business docs before committing valuable resources? Have you completed a thorough evaluation of the security risks that your business might be facing? This course provides the expert guidance and hands-on experience that you need in order to prepare for a successful IoT solution roll-out.
Module 1 provides an overview of the IoT Reference Architecture, introducing Things, Insights and Actions. With a basic understanding of the architecture, students will examine the core and optional subsystems, cross-cutting concerns, principles and concepts of the Reference Architecture, and architecture of key subsystems.
Module 2 uses the Remote Monitoring Solution Accelerator to explore the receipt and processing of remote device telemetry (the most common scenario for IoT) within the context of the Reference Architecture. Students will identify the areas of alignment and where the solution departs from the reference, as well as the tools used to deploy the solution. Students then review some options for customizing the Remote Monitoring solution and complete some customization activities. Students will also review additional accelerator solutions and learn when they may be applicable.
Module 3 introduces students to approaches that can be used to determine and document the business and system requirements that drive key factors such as security, scalability, availability, and disaster recovery service level agreements. They will then apply the requirements, develop a candidate architecture, build a PoC, deliver a cost analysis, and evaluate against quality measures. To finish up the module, students will propose the IoT Hub Operations, Monitoring and Security Processes and Procedures to support the candidate architecture.
In Module 4 students take their defined business requirements and examine how to apply their understanding of IoT Architecture and the capabilities of Azure IoT to create a compelling proposal. They will learn the key attributes of the Azure Cloud and the Azure IoT architecture that should be emphasized, approaches for developing the cost of a proposal and other factors such as support. Students will also consider the steps necessary for moving from a Proof of Concept to a full rollout and how to support the solution.
- Explain the characteristics and benefits of a cloud solution architecture
- Describe the things, insights, and actions for a proposed IoT solution
- Describe the IoT Reference Architecture Subsystems and security
- Explain the pillars of software quality
- Implement redundancy within an IoT solution
- Deploy the remote monitoring solution accelerator
- Customize a solution accelerator
- Customize and redeploy a microservice
- Apply and tailor the reference architecture to a scenario
- Describe and identify architecturally significant requirements
- Document architecturally significant requirements from a stakeholder interview or business goal documentation
- Design a physical architecture that aligns with a given scenario
- Develop and execute a verification plan against an architecture
- Identify the key objectives of an executive summary
- Articulate the key values of Azure and Azure IoT
- Produce a cost estimate for an IoT solution scenario
- Document an IoT solution architecture
- Construct the business proposal for an IoT solution
- Implement an IoT solution roll out
- Scale an IoT solution to accommodate changing business demands
- IoT Engineers
- IoT developers
Before starting this course, students should be able to:
- Recognize and define the opportunity for IoT solutions that achieve business goals for top/trending industries
- Program resource constrained device hardware, breadboard simple electrical circuits, and capture sensor readings
- Configure and implement two-way communications between devices and a cloud gateway
- Implement data analytics (live streams and stored data) to inform device management and other actions
- Construct IoT data visualizations that enable businesses to gain insights related to their operations
- Apply machine learning to IoT data to facilitate predictive maintenance and improve business services
|Subjects||App Development, Business Productivity, Cloud Computing|
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||24 Hours|