Implementing a Microsoft SQL 2016 Data Warehouse (MS-20767)
When you subscribe, you get:
Master Subscription plan gives you access to this course and over 1183 other popular courses
Now Only $2,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00
Now Only $2,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00/ Year
About this course:
This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to provision a Microsoft SQL Server database. The course covers SQL Server provision both on-premise and in Azure, and covers installing from new and migrating from an existing install.
This course also prepares the students for the Microsoft 70-767: Implementing a Data Warehouse using SQL certification exam.
The average salary for a Database Administrator is $71,429 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the key elements of a data warehousing solution
- Describe the main hardware considerations for building a data warehouse
- Implement a logical design for a data warehouse
- Implement a physical design for a data warehouse
- Create column store indexes
- Implementing an Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Describe the key features of SSIS
- Implement a data flow by using SSIS
- Implement control flow by using tasks and precedence constraints
- Create dynamic packages that include variables and parameters
- Debug SSIS packages
- Describe the considerations for implement an ETL solution
- Implement Data Quality Services
- Implement a Master Data Services model
- Describe how you can use custom components to extend SSIS
- Deploy SSIS projects
- Describe BI and common BI scenarios
The primary audience for this course are database professionals who need to fulfil a Business Intelligence Developer role. They will need to focus on hands-on work creating BI solutions including Data Warehouse implementation, ETL, and data cleansing.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.
Frequently Asked Questions
This training will help you in your Job’s current role by knowing and getting hands on experience in the following areas:
- Understanding BI and common BI scenarios.
- Learn and deploy SQL Server Integration Services Project.
- You will be able to implement dimensions in a cube.
- Learn and work on Implementing Data Quality Services
- Key elements of a data warehousing solution
- How to Implement Logical and Physical design of a Data warehouse.
- ColumnStore indexes. What is the importance of them and how you can implement it on your database table/s.
- Get knowledge about Microsoft cloud solution (Azure) and implement SQL Data warehouse on Azure.
- Learn about the importance of dynamic packages, that include variables and parameters.
2. What are the various data sources of a typical BI Solution?
The primary sources of any/some BI solution from which data is extracted contains some or all of the following data sources:
- Application Data Sources.
- Proprietary data sources
- Documents (Excel)
- Sensors Data obtained from Data stream through MS SQL Server Stream Insight
- External data sources (cloud-based databases)
- Master data hubs (Definitive data values for core business entities)
Practice Certification Exam
|Subjects||IT Ops & Management|
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|