Updating Your Skills to SQL Server 2017 (MS-10998)
When you subscribe, you get:
Master Subscription plan gives you access to this course and over 1181 other popular courses
Now Only $2,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00
Now Only $2,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00/ Year
About this course:
This two-day instructor led training course is aimed at database professionals looking to update their skills to cover SQL Server 2017.
The average salary for a Solutions Developer with Microsoft Azure skills is $69,606 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe key capabilities and components of SQL Server 2017
- Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server Performance, Availability, and Scalability
- Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server data access
- Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server reporting and BI
- Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server OLAP
- Describe new and enhanced data analytics features
- Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server Cloud deployments
- Describe SQL Server on Linux functionality
- The primary audience for this course is existing database professionals with experience of SQL Server 2016 who want to update their skills to SQL Server 2017.
- The secondary audience is existing SQL Server 2016 MCSAs who want to prepare for the Upgrade exam for SQL Server 2017 certification.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Experience of building and managing database, data warehouse, and business intelligence (BI) solutions with SQL Server 2016.
- Familiarity with the Windows Server 2016 operating system and networking.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 2016.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Updating Your Skills to SQL Server 2017 (MS-10998) certification training will help you in your Job’s current role by knowing and getting hands on experience in the following areas:
- Learn about Always Encrypted (More secure than before. Even DBAs and Sysadmins do not have the key to decrypt the data. From business perspective, business application’s data which is now totally encrypted when the data is at rest and when transmitting over the wire.
- Get hands on experience and knowledge about DDM (Dynamic Data Masking). It will help you in cases where a developer queries data in the production environment for troubleshooting purposes without violating compliance regulations. The sensitive Public Information will not be seen by him/her instead, masked data will be seen in its place.
- Know about how to save your data if a hacker tries to attack it. Providing extra layer of security, you will be able to get hands on experience on implementing Row Level Security which is an extra layer of data protection. Learning how to enable Row level security, which helps the table in a database, not to be accessed by a person who does not have any permission to, Making security system more reliable and robust by reducing surface area of your security system.
- You will also learn and implement Adaptive Query Processing (Learns from query plans based on the feedback it receives from previous executions.)
- How knowing about Graph Data, to define relationships between heavily connected tables.
- Get hands on experience and knowledge about improvements made In SQL Server 2017 with regards to: Database Engine, SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), MDS (Master Data Services), SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services), SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services and last but not the least, know about Machine aaLearning in SQL Server 2017.
What are the Updating Your Skills to SQL Server 2017 (MS-10998) course benefits?
- Best practices for improved, security, Track permissions Identify and classify sensitive data
- Track permissions
- Track permissions Identify and classify sensitive data
- What does SQL Server 2017 Auditing tool offer?
- Track and log server-level events in addition to individual database events
- It uses Extended Events to help create and run audit-related events. SQL Server Audit includes several audit components.
Which tools are provided in SQL Server 2017 for Programmability?
- SQL Server Management Studio
- SQL Server Data Tools
- Visual Studio Code mssql extension
- Native Command Line Tools-sqlcmd, bcp
On what platforms SQL Server 2017 is available on?
- Yum Install, Apt-Get, and Zypper
- Linux distributions including RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Ubuntu, and SUSE Enterprise Linux (SLES)
- Docker: Windows & Linux containers
- Windows Server / Windows 10
- Package-based installation
|Subjects||IT Ops & Management|
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||2 Days|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|