Troubleshooting Windows Server 2016 (MS-10991)
About Individual Course:
Now Only $2,595.00 Regular Price $2,995.00
Now Only $2,595.00 Regular Price $2,995.00/ Seat
When you subscribe, you get:
Master Subscription plan gives you access to this course and over 1271 other popular courses
Now Only $2,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00
Now Only $2,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00/ Year
About this course:
This course covers a wide variety of troubleshooting scenarios that a network administrator might encounter in their work. A high percentage of this course is labs that require students to identify problems and implement a solution that might include multiple technologies. Students will learn about common errors and resolutions related to Windows Server core technologies including: Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), storage, certificates, Microsoft Hyper-V, load balancing, and failover clustering. Authentication to Office 365 is also covered. Some advanced services such as Microsoft Azure integration, containers, advanced security features such as shielded virtual machines etc., and Linux Integration and support are not covered.
The average salary for a Windows Server Administrator is $55,929 per year.
After completing this course students will be able to:
- Understand the common steps in the troubleshooting process, and the commonly used troubleshooting tools. Utilize remote administration tools and how to troubleshoot Windows PowerShell commands and script.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues by using Windows Server 2016 tools.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues by using Microsoft Message Analyzer. Troubleshoot IPv4 and IPv6 settings, network communication, the configuration of DHCP and client name resolution.
- Troubleshoot authentication issues, including user and computer authentication issues and AD DS replication issues.
- Troubleshoot authentication to Office 365.
- Troubleshoot issues related to application access.
- Troubleshoot issues related to accessing web-based applications.
- Troubleshoot issues related to file access.
- Manage and troubleshoot BitLocker.
- Troubleshoot issues related to server storage.
- Troubleshoot and optimize DFS namespaces and replication.
- Troubleshoot advanced file services.
- Troubleshoot issues related to Group Policy.
- Troubleshoot a Group Policy application.
- Troubleshoot issues related to AD DS.
- Explain control management of AD DS objects and how to backup and restore AD DS objects.
- Troubleshoot issues related to domain controllers and trust relationships between domains and forests.
- Troubleshoot remote access to data and apps.
- Describe remote access options for apps, and how to troubleshoot Remote Desktop Services.
- Troubleshoot issues related to virtualization.
- Troubleshoot high availability.
- Troubleshoot failover clustering and Hyper-V clustering.
This course is intended for IT professionals who are experienced Windows Server administrators and want to expand their troubleshooting skills. Students should be experienced with day-to-day administration of Windows Server. These students may or may not have Windows Server 2016–specific training.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Networking fundamentals, including IPv4 and Domain Name System (DNS)
- Principles and management of AD DS
- Basic understanding of public key infrastructure (PKI)
- Windows PowerShell basics
- Load balancing
- Failover clustering
|Subjects||IT Ops & Management|
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
- Virtual Classroom
- 5 Days
- Virtual Classroom
- 5 Days