User Experience Design Fundamentals
Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
10 HoursCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $99.00
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $99.00/ Seat
When you subscribe, you get:
Master subscription plan gives you access to this course PLUS:
Now Only $2,499.00 Regular Price $3,499.00
Now Only $2,499.00 Regular Price $3,499.00/ Year
About this course:
Are your web conversion rates low? Do you know whether your app, website or internal system is effective at meeting your goals? Do users get "stuck" and aren't able to complete the tasks they want to? Are your forms effective? Why isn’t your mobile app selling, and how should it be improved?
It's becoming easier and easier to create web sites and mobile apps — but harder and harder to measure the effectiveness of these applications. In Joe Natoli's well-designed course UX Design Fundamentals you'll learn how to create effective web sites, mobile sites and mobile applications that deliver value, encourage conversions and leave users wanting more.
It's not enough to simply have a digital product like an app or a site — that product has to be effective to be successful. That means it has to be valuable — both to the people who use it and the business that creates it.
In this dynamic course, Joe will guide you through the five critical elements (“planes”) of User Experience (UX) — strategy, scope, structure, skeleton and surface. As you learn you'll be able to apply the knowledge Joe teaches in dynamic lab exercises — and later to your own work as a developer or designer.
If you're a developer who has to occasionally function as a designer as well, this course is for you. If you’re just starting out in the field of UX, or are a designer moving into a more complex digital world, you’r sin the right place.
You'll feel more confident as you make UX and design related decisions about what people really need, want and are willing to use.
You’ll also get a crash course in UI design best practices like layout, color, information, design and typography after completing this exciting course.
The average salary for User Experience Designer is $97,460 per year.
- Understand User Experience (UX) design and why it's important
- Understand the elements of UX
- Understand how the elements of UX work together
- Understand strategy as an element of UX
- Understand the research process
- Identify business goals, and user needs
- Understand scope as an element of UX
- Create a functional specification
- Learn how to develop content requirements
- Learn to prioritize specs and requirements
- Understand structure as an element of UX
- Architect information effectively
- Understand organizing principals for digital media
- Understand skeleton as an element of UX
- Understand navigation design
- Create an effective information design
- Learn to create wireframes
- Understand surface as an element of UX
- Learn visual design principals
- Understand contrast and uniformity
- Learn the best use of color and typography
- Understand A/B testing processes
- Learn resources available to assist with UX Design Process
- Web & App Developers
- Web & App Designers
- Software Engineers
- Product Managers
- Project Managers
- Business Owners
- Anyone who wants to create more effective apps, sites and digital products of any kind.
- Computer with internet connection and web browser
Suggested prerequisite course:
Self-Paced Learning Outline
What is User Experience Design?
- Introduction: a UXD Parable
- What UXD Isn't
- What UXD Is
- Why Should We Care About UXD?
Understanding the Elements of User Experience
- The Elements of User Experience
- Exploring the Elements of User Experience
- How the Elements Work Together
Using the Elements - Strategy
- The Research Process
- Identifying Business Goals
- Identifying B2B User Needs
- Identifying B2C User Needs
- Three Crucial Questions
- "First Use" Questions
- Strategy Takeaways
- Strategy Lab Exercise
Using the Elements - Scope
- Defining Scope
- Functional Specifications
- Content Requirements
- Generating Effective Requirements
- Prioritizing Specs & Requirements
- Scope Takeaways
- Scope Lab Exercise
Using the Elements - Structure
- Defining Structure
- Interaction Design
- Information Architecture
- Organizing Principles
- Roles and Processes
- Structure Takeaways
- Structure Lab Exercise
Using the Elements - Skeleton
- Defining the Skeleton
- Interface Design
- Navigation Design
- Convention and Metaphor
- Information Design
- Skeleton Takeaways
- Skeleton Lab Exercise
Using the Elements - Surface
- Defining the Surface
- Visual Design Principles
- Following the Eye
- Contrast and Uniformity
- Color and Typography
- Surface Takeaways
- Surface Lab Exercise
Takeaways and Resources
- Tools of the Trade
- Wireframing and Prototyping Software
- A/B Testing Software
- Content Inventory Software
- User Testing/Feedback Software
- Analytics Software
- Educational/Information Websites
- Bonus Lecture: Working with Clients and Stakeholders
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||10 Hours|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's