Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
4 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Gain the knowledge and skills to successfully install, configure, manage, and deploy virtual servers and workstations in your organization. In this training course, you learn how to choose the proper virtual machine product for your environment, partition servers to isolate applications, improve portability and migration, and create entire testing labs within a single PC.
- Manage VMware and Microsoft Virtual Machine (VM) technologies
- Leverage VMs to build testing, support, and training environments
- Partition physical servers to decrease operating costs
- Migrate from physical to virtual machines
- Experience with system administration of Windows or Linux
- Networking knowledge
- No prior background with virtual machine technologies is required
- TCP/IP networking
- File system management
- Operating system configuration
- You gain experience with the following virtualization products: Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware Workstation and ESXi Server, VirtualBox from Oracle, and XenServer by Citrix
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Defining virtual machines (servers and workstations)
- Advantages of deploying Vms
- VMware Workstation
- Oracle VirtualBox
Creating Virtual Machines
Comparing workstation products
- Contrasting Windows and Linux hosts
- Partitioning shared resources
- Accessing raw and virtual disks
- Virtualizing CPU and memory resources
Deploying virtual workstation software
- Planning for automatic installations
- Designing virtual networks
- Bridged, NAT and host-only networking
Building guest operating systems
- Allocating host resources
- Configuring virtual hard drives
- Managing peripheral devices
Exploiting Virtual Workstation Functionality
Creating support platforms
- Readying multiple operating systems
- Suspending and resuming virtual workstations
Expanding application support
- Extending legacy application life
- Resolving version conflicts
Constructing a test environment
- Accessing host files
- Taking and restoring snapshots
Developing training environments
- Protecting guest operating systems
- Exploiting nonpersistent disks
- Justifying server virtualization
- Partitioning via hardware and software
- Recognizing server functionality needs
Choosing virtual server hosts
- Evaluating performance and features
- Considering security implications
Executing server VMs
- Working in interactive mode
- Implementing headless operation
Managing virtual servers remotely
- Exploiting remote management consoles
- Connecting to the web interfaces
- Securing remote management
Deploying virtual servers
- Automating tasks via scripting
- Migrating physical to virtual servers
- Accessing Storage Area Networks (SANs)
Clustering virtual machines
- Distributing workloads via Network Load Balancing (NLB)
- Establishing fault tolerance with clustering services
Data Center Virtualization with ESXi
Building the architecture
- Examining ESXi architecture
Leveraging ESXi features
- Networking with vSwitches and port groups
- Optimizing resource utilization
Managing Microsoft Hyper-V
- Maintaining virtual machines
- Contrasting Hyper-V and ESXi architecture
- Implementing remote management tools
- Securing virtual machine deployments
- Reducing attack surface with Server Core
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||4 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's