VMware Mirage: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.0] (VMICM5)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
This hands-on training course provides students with skills that they need to deploy a unified image management system using VMware Mirage. After installing Mirage 5.0, students learn how to configure security, manage images, perform a Windows migration, set up endpoint protection, and perform various management functions.
The average salary for Vmware Administrator is $79,168 per year.
After completing this course students will be able to:
- Describe the key concepts of Mirage
- Recognize how Mirage fits into the VMware end-user computing vision
- Identify the main Mirage use classifications
- Define the function of each of the Mirage solution components
- Install, configure, and upgrade Mirage
- Identify the tasks for SSL configuration on a Mirage system
- Discuss the management functions available in the Mirage Management console
- Deploy Mirage to endpoints
- Explain the tasks for capturing and assigning base layers and application layers
- Describe methods for performing disaster recovery with Mirage
- Outline how to plan and perform a mass hardware migration with Mirage
- Recognize how the file portal is set up and used
- Experienced system administrators and system integrators responsible for deploying Mirage.
- VMware vSphere® Client to view the state of virtual machines, datastores, and networks
- Experience accessing the guest operating system from the VMware vCenter Server virtual machine console
- Ability to navigate Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2008.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- 1 Course Introduction
- 2 Introduction to Mirage
- 3 Components and Architecture
- 4 Installing and Configuring Mirage
- 5 Mirage Web Manager
- 6 Mirage Management Overview
- 7 Mirage Single Image Management
- 8 Windows Migrations
- 9 Endpoint Protection with Mirage
- 10 Working with the Mirage File Portal
- 11 Mirage Security
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's