VMware NSX for Internetworking Experts Fast Track V6.1 (VNSXIEFT61)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
Comprehensive, fast-paced training course focuses on installing, configuring, and managing VMware NSX. This course covers NSX as a part of the software-defined data center platform, implementation use cases along with features of NSX, and functionality operating at Layer 2 through Layer 7 of the OSI model. Data center network architectures are examined to demonstrate how NSX intersects with and virtualizes functions of a Cisco-based infrastructure in spine-leaf and traditional core-aggregate-access architectures. Lecture and hands-on lab activities support the student's understanding of NSX features, functionality, and on-going management and control.
The average salary for Vmware Administrator is $79,168 per year.
After completing this course students will be able to:
- Describe the software-defined data center
- Describe how NSX is the next step in the evolution of the software-defined data center
- Describe features and benefits of NSX network virtualization
- Identify prerequisites for NSX
- Configure and deploy NSX management, control, and data plane components
- Configure, deploy, and use logical switch networks
- Configure, deploy, and use logical switch networks in a UCS environment
- Describe the Cisco Nexus and UCS products and features that are relevant to NSX
- Configure and deploy NSX distributed router to optimize East-West data center traffic flows
- Configure and deploy VMware NSX Edge™ services gateway appliances
- Configure and use NSX virtual private networks
- Configure and use logical load balancing
- Configure NSX Edge Firewall and Distributed Firewall policy rules
- Configure Service Composer security groups and policies
- Use role-based access to control user account privileges
- Use activity monitoring to validate and create security policies
- Describe how VMware vRealize™ Automation and NSX enable automated provisioning of IT services and networks
- Design a NSX solution with Cisco Nexus and Cisco UCS
- Experienced system administrators that specialize in networking
- System administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems.
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals course for VCA-DCV certification.
- A solid background in a Cisco-based infrastructure or NSX: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.1].
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- 1. Course Introduction
- 2. Software-Defined Data Center
- 3. vSphere Networking Fundamentals
- 4. Management and Control Planes
- 5. Logical Switch Networks
- 6. Nexus and UCS Architecture
- 7. Distributed Logical Router
- 8. NSX Edge Routing and High Availability
- 9. Virtual Private Networks
- 10. Layer 2 Bridging
- 11. Operations
- 12. Automation
- 13. Extensibility and Design
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's