VMware NSX: Install, Configure, Manage V6.4 (VNSXICM61)
About this course:
This five-day, comprehensive, fast-paced training course presents VMware NSX® as a part of the software-defined data center. You will learn how to use logical switching in NSX to virtualize your switching environment. The course also details logical routing to enable you to dynamically route between different virtual environments. You will also learn how to use gateway services, firewall configurations, and security services to help secure and optimize your NSX environment.
Access to a software-defined data center environment is provided through hands-on labs to reinforce the skills and concepts presented in the course.
The average salary for Vmware Administrator is $79,168 per year.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Configure and deploy NSX components for management and control
- Describe basic NSX layer 2 networking
- Configure, deploy, and use logical switch networks
- Configure and deploy NSX distributed router appliances to establish east-west connectivity
- Configure and deploy VMware NSX® Edge™ services gateway appliances to establish north-south connectivity
- Configure NSX L2 bridging
- Configure and use all main features of the NSX Edge services gateway
- Configure NSX Edge firewall rules to restrict network traffic
- Configure NSX distributed firewall rules to restrict network traffic
- Configure Service Composer policies
- Configure an identity-aware firewall
- Describe NSX data security
- Use the cross-vCenter NSX feature
- Experienced system or network administrators
- Understanding of enterprise switching and routing
- Knowledge of TCP/IP services
- Experience with firewalls and firewall rule sets
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals course
- Understanding of the concepts presented in the VMware Introduction to Network Virtualization with NSX course
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1 Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Review course objectives
Module 2 Introduction to vSphere Networking
- Describe VMware vSphere® networking components
- Describe vSphere standard switches
- Describe vSphere distributed switches
Module 3 Introduction to NSX
- Describe the benefits of NSX
- Identify NSX key use cases
Module 4 NSX Architecture
- Describe the NSX architecture
- Describe the cloud management, management, control, and data planes of NSX
- Identify the component interactions
- Describe the VMware NSX® Controller™ cluster and its functions
- Explain the NSX Controller workload distribution
Module 5 NSX Infrastructure Preparation
- Explain the steps required for an NSX installation
- Describe what is involved in planning an NSX deployment
- Describe the NSX Controller cluster and deployment
- Describe NSX Controller cluster high availability and load distribution
- Explain how to deploy and configure the NSX Controller cluster
- Explain the workflow involved in host preparation
Module 6 NSX Logical Switch Networks
- Explain transport zones, VXLANs, and VXLAN tunnel end points (VTEPs)
- Describe the procedure for preparing the infrastructure for virtual networking
- Describe the configuration of vSphere distributed switches for VXLAN
- Identify the components involved in NSX logical switching
- Define VLANs for VXLAN
Module 7 NSX Logical Routing
- Explain the east-west and north-south routing concepts
- Define the NSX distributed logical router
- Explain the logical router, interfaces, and interface addresses
- Describe the management and control plane interaction
- Describe logical router deployment models and two-tier routing for east-west traffic
- Explain the common topologies of an NSX Edge services gateway
Module 8 Advanced NSX Logical Routing
- Describe how routers connect remote networks
- Explain route redistribution methods
- Describe less-than-or-equal (LE) and greater-than-or-equal (GE) configurations
- Describe routing event notification enhancements
- Configure equal-cost multipath (ECMP) routing
- Describe high availability for NSX Edge service gateways
Module 9 NSX L2 Bridging
- Explain L2 bridging use cases
- Describe software and hardware L2 bridging between VXLAN and VLANs
- Discuss L2 bridging packet flows
Module 10 NSX Edge Services
- Describe the NSX Edge Services
- Explain how Network Address Translation (NAT) works
- Explain NAT64
- Explain the function of load balancing
- Explain one-armed and inline load-balancing architectures
- Explain the DHCP and DNS services for NSX Edge
Module 11 NSX Edge VPN Services
- Describe the NSX Edge VPN services
- Describe the VPN use cases
- Configure a L2 VPN on an NSX Edge instance
- Configure an NSX Edge instance for IPsec VPN services
- Explain NSX Edge SSL VPN-Plus services
- Configure NSX Edge SSL VPN-Plus server settings
Module 12 NSX Security Services
- Describe the policy enforcement of the distributed firewall
- Describe virtualization context-awareness
- Explain custom network and security containers
- Describe the architecture of an NSX Edge firewall
- Explain DHCP snooping
- Explain ARP snooping
Module 13 NSX Advanced Security Services
- Describe NSX SpoofGuard
- Identify how tags enable dynamic security service chains
- Explain Service Composer groups, policies, and tags
- Describe the Identity Firewall architecture
- Explain Application Rule Manager
- Explain how to create a monitoring session
Module 14 NSX Introspection Services
- Describe the types of introspection services
- Describe the installation and configuration of Guest and Network Introspection
- Summarize Guest and Network Introspection alarms, events, and audit messages
Module 15 Cross-vCenter NSX
- Describe cross-vCenter features and use cases
- Identify VMware NSX® Manager™ roles and NSX Controller cluster placement
- Deploy universal logical networks
- Explain the design considerations for cross-vCenter NSX
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt