VMware vCenter Configuration Manager for Virtual Infrastructure and OS Management [V5.x] (VCMVIOSM55)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
This hands-on training course builds your skills with VMwareÂ® vCenter Configuration Managerâ„¢. It provides you with the knowledge and skills to install and configure vCenter Configuration Manager, navigate the user interface, manage compliance, and perform administrative and configuration tasks against your physical and virtual infrastructure. You learn how to manage Active Directory (AD), create and use compliance templates, use vCenter Configuration Manager for patching, deploy operating systems and Windows software applications, and use vCenter Configuration Manager tools to download, import, and export compliance templates, and view and collect debug information.
The average salary for Vmware Administrator is $102,734 per year.
After completing this course students will be able to:
- Understand the position of VCM in the VMware management solution set
- Recognize the role of VCM in enterprise configuration and change and compliance management
- Use the VCM console to configure VCM for management of VMware vSphere® systems
- Use the VCM console to configure VCM for physical and guest operating system management
- Navigate the VCM console
- Collect data from vSphere systems from the VCM console
- Manage vSphere system compliance with VCM
- Generate reports in VCM
- Create custom reports in the VCM console
- Perform VCM administration tasks to manage VCM setup and collection of data, user access, VCM jobs, and alerts
- Discuss the installation options for VCM and perform a basic VCM installation
- Use VCM Patching to patch physical and guest operating systems
- Configure and use an operating system provisioning server to provision Windows and Linux operating systems
- Provision software applications on Windows machines
- Virtual infrastructure administrator
- IT managers
- Experience in performing basic administration tasks on VMware vSphere® ESXi™ hosts, VMware® vCenter Server™, VMware vCloud® Director™, VMware® vShield™, and virtual machines
- System administration experience in a Windows, Linux, or Solaris environment
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- 1 Course Introduction
- 2 Configuration, Compliance, and Change Management
- 3 Components and Processes
- 4 Configuration for Virtual Infrastructure Systems
- 5 Basic Administration and Machines Manager
- 6 Using the Upper Console
- 7 Using the Upper Console on Physical and Guest OS Machines
- 8 Using the Lower Console on Physical and Guest OS Machines
- 9 VMware vSphere System Compliance Management
- 10 Active Directory Management
- 11 Working with Reports
- 12 Basic Settings and Configuration
- 13 Basic Settings and Configuration for Physical and Guest OS Machines
- 14 Creating Collection Filters
- 15 User and Role Management
- 16 Job Management
- 17 Alert Management
- 18 Patching for Physical and Guest OS Machines
- 19 Operating System Provisioning
- 20 Software Provisioning
- 21 Using the Content Wizard
- 22 Using the Import/Export Utility
- 23 Using the Debug Event Viewer
- 24 Installing VMware vCenter Configuration Manager
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's
- Virtual Classroom
- 4 Days