VMware vCenter Operations Manager: Advanced Usage and Dashboard Design (VMOPSAUDD)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
In this course, you will focus on the advanced capabilities of VMware® vCenter Operations Manager 5.6, including adapters, customization, and management topics. You will learn how to use adapters, define custom super metrics, customize dashboards, and use the custom user interface. This course is based on vCenter Operations Manager 5.6 and integration with VMware vSphere® 5.1, VMware vCloud Director® 5.1, and VMware vFabric Hyperic®.
The average salary for Vmware Administrator is $79,168 per year.
After completing this course students will be able to:
- Identify the capabilities of adapters, their use cases, availability, and installation.
- Describe super metrics, attributes, and attribute packages as well as object tagging.
- Manage user access to the VMware vCenter Operations Manager Custom UI.
- Work with smart alerts and custom alert notification.
- Use custom dashboards to build specific views for operations and application monitoring.
- System administrators and consultants responsible for customizing vCenter Operations Manager to expand from the vSphere User Interface to a customized environment
- Install and configure basic settings in vCenter Operations Manager.
- Log in and use the vSphere user interface of vCenter Operations Manager.
- Identify the difference between badges and metrics.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
Module 2: vCenter Operations Manager Advanced Architecture
- Introduce vCenter Operations Manager architecture
- Explain sizing guidelines
- Describe vCenter Operations Manager availability and backup
Module 3: Advanced Capacity Planning
- Examine planning models
- Define policy management
Module 4: Adapters for Data Collection
- Understand adapters
- Identify available adapters
- Install and configure adapters
- Troubleshoot adapters
Module 5: Applications, Groups, and Tags
- Introduce the application design concept in vCenter Operations Manager
- Configure and use attribute packages and KPIs
- Create tags and groups
Module 6: Metrics, Super Metrics, KPI, and Attribute Packaging
- Understand data collection
- Describe super metrics
Module 7: Dashboards
- Introduce custom dashboards
- Manage widgets
- Manage interactions
- Manage templates
Module 8: Smart Alerts and Custom Alerts
- Work with and troubleshoot alerts
- Configure alert notifications
Module 9: Report Customization
- Introduce custom reports
- Understand data sources and report structure
- Manage custom reports
Module 10: User and Role Management
- Manage user and role permissions for the vSphere UI
- Manage user and group permissions for the Custom UI
Module 11: Troubleshooting
- Identify the basic troubleshooting workflows
- Understand Self Info and self-monitoring of vCenter Operations Manager
- Examine the Support Page in the Custom UI
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's