VMware vCloud Director: Install, Configure, Manage 9 (VMvCDICM-8.20)
About this course:
In this five-day course, you will focus on installing, configuring, and managing VMware vCloud Director® 9.x for service providers. You will learn about self-service provisioning, the creation of organizations, virtual data centers (VDCs), and catalog services that include predefined virtual machines, and on-demand VMware NSX® networks, as well as the integrated use of VMware vSAN™. This course also covers interfacing vCloud Director with other systems through the use of various APIs and the integration and use of VMware vCloud® Availability for vCloud Director® and VMware vCloud® Director Extender™.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Deploy vCloud Director
- Manage vCloud Director to satisfy service provider needs
- Create and manage vCloud Director organizations and vApps to satisfy business needs
- Create and manage vCloud Director catalogs
- Transfer virtual machine workloads from VMware vSphere® into and out of vCloud Director
- Configure networking for organizations and vApps with the help of NSX
- Use NSX to create hybrid cloud connectivity between public clouds and private clouds
- Discuss various customer onboarding scenarios involving vCloud Director
- Configure the integration with vCloud Availability for vCloud Director
- Use vCloud Director Extender for hybrid cloud setup and onboarding
Cloud architects, systems engineers, data center administrators, and cloud administrators with experience in a service provider or managed services environment
Completion of the following course is required:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.x] or equivalent knowledge
Completion of the following eLearning courses is recommended:
- VMware vCloud Director: Fundamentals [V8.x]
- VMware Virtual SAN: Fundamentals [V6.x]
- VMware Network Virtualization Fundamentals
Substantial knowledge of TCP/IP networking is helpful.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1 Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
Module 2 Software-Defined Data Center
- Describe the evolution of the software-defined data center
- Cloud computing overview
- Characteristics of cloud services
- Categories of cloud computing
- Describe the VMware product stack for the software-defined data center
Module 3 vCloud Director Concepts
- Explain vCloud Director concepts
- Configure and manage provider VDCs
- Identify storage, compute, and network resources for vCloud Director
- Create and manage organizations
- vCloud Director organization VDCs
Module 4 Organization VDCs
- Organization VDC allocation models
- Recognize resource allocations for an organization
- Describe the network types available in vCloud Director (external, organization, and vApp)
- Discuss the organization and vApp network traffic choices
- Examine the function of network pools
Module 5 Virtual Machines and vApps
- Discuss the use of virtual machines
- Design and manage vApps
Module 6 Catalogs
- Create and manage catalogs
- Manage vApp templates
Module 7 Users and Role-Based Access
- Describe role-based access
- Create custom security roles
- Describe and configure LDAP integration with Active Directory
- Describe single sign-on
- Enable a SAML identity provider
- Describe two-factor authentication
Module 8 Advanced Networking
- Describe the use and placement of NSX edge services gateways in relation to vCloud Director
- Review routing with the distributed logical router and edge services gateways in combination with vCloud Director
- Firewall management in vCloud Director with edge services gateways and the distributed firewall
Module 9 Resource Management and Monitoring
- Manage provider and organization VDCs
- Manage VMware vCenter Server® instances and VMware ESXi™ hosts
- Manage vSphere datastores
- Configure and manage resource pools at the vSphere level
- Monitor usage information at provider and organization VDCs
- Analyze vCloud Director logs
- Monitor vCloud Director environments with VMware vRealize® Operations Manager™ and VMware vRealize® Log Insight™
- Use VMware vRealize® Business™ for cost management
Module 10 Customer Onboarding and Hybrid Cloud
- Tenant layer 2 VPN access
- Tenant SSL VPN access
- Review options for external connectivity with VPN
- Import existing infrastructure managed by vCenter Server into vCloud Director
- Use vCloud Director Extender for hybrid cloud setup and onboarding
Module 11 vCloud Availability for vCloud Director
- Architecture for vCloud Availability for vCloud Director
- Prerequisites of vCloud Availability for vCloud Director
- Implementation of vCloud Availability for vCloud Director
Module 12 vCloud Director Installation
- vCloud Director network, hardware, and software requirements
- vCloud Director setup overview
- vCloud Director cell design
- Install and configure the vCloud Director database (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle database, or PostgreSQL)
- Create SSL certificates
- Configure VMware NSX® Manager™ for a new vCloud Director installation
- Install and configure an AMQP broker
- Download and install the VMware public key
- Use and set up vCloud Director federation
Module 13 vCloud Director API and Metadata
- Describe tools to access the API of vCloud Director API
- Use of REST API in VMware vRealize® Orchestrator™
- Describe access to vCloud Director using VMware PowerCLI™
- Create and update metadata on objects
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt