VMware vCloud Networking and Security for vSphere Professionals (VCNS55)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
This intensive training course focuses on installing, configuring, and managing VMware vCloud® Networking and Security for VMware® vSphere® professional use. vCloud Networking and Security is a suite of security virtual appliances built for VMware® vCenter Server and VMware ESXi integration. vCloud Networking and Security is a critical security component for protecting virtualized data centers from attacks and helping you to achieve your compliance-mandated goals. The course is based on VMware® vShield 5.5, ESXi 5.5, and vCenter Server 5.5.
The average salary for Vmware Administrator is $102,734 a year.
After completing this course students will be able to:
- Identify common use cases for vCloud Networking and Security components
- Install VMware vCloud® Networking and Security Manager™ and configure it to work with vCenter Server
- Create and manage VXLAN virtual wires
- Identify environments that benefit from deploying VMware vCloud® Networking and Security Edge™ and install and configure it
- Identify environments that benefit from VMware vCloud® Networking and Security App™ and install and configure it in a cluster
- Describe the enterprise requirements for compliance analysis and how VMware vCloud® Networking and Security Data Security™ can provide a solution
- System administrators and system integrators responsible for deploying vCloud Networking and Security
- Willingness to participate in demanding, high-intensity training
- Experience with vSphere
- Comfort with system administration using command-line interfaces Recommended
- Completion of VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
Module 2: VMware Networking and Security
- Networking and Security virtualization vision
- VMware vCloud Networking and Security components
Module 3: VMware vCloud Networking and Security Manager
- Installation prerequisites
- Installing vCloud Networking and Security Manager
Module 4: VXLAN Networks
- Layer-2 connectivity and VLAN constraints
- VXLAN protocol
- IP encapsulation and multicast requirements
- Creating and connecting a VXLAN virtual wire
- Testing VXLAN virtual wire connectivity
Module 5: Securing the Data Center
- Securing the virtual data center
- Securing virtual networks
Module 6: VMware vCloud Networking and Security Edge
- Installing and configuring vCloud Networking and Security Edge
- Internal and uplink interfaces
- Adding, changing, and deleting firewall and NAT rules
- Configuring site-to-site IPsec VPNs
- Configuring SSL VPNs for remote access
- Configuring load-balancer services
- Configuring high-availability services
Module 7: VMware vCloud Networking and Security App
- Installing and configuring vCloud Networking and Security App
- Hypervisor-based firewall on each host
- Firewall rules for virtual machine protection
- Flow monitoring as a traffic analysis tool
Module 8: Endpoint Security
- Challenges with endpoint security
- VMware® vShield Endpoint™ components
- Antivirus use cases and solutions
Module 9: VMware vCloud Networking and Security Data Security
- Data security policies and compliance
- Data security scans
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's
- Virtual Classroom
- 4 Days