VMware vRealize Automation: Install, Configure, Manage 7.3 (VMvRAISM-7.3)
About this course:
During this five-day course, you will focus on installing, configuring, and managing VMware vRealize® Automation™. You will learn about the configuration and use of the vRealize Automation platform, including self-service provisioning and the creation of catalog services that include predefined virtual machines, software components, and on-demand VMware NSX® networks. This course also covers interfacing vRealize Automation with other systems using VMware vRealize® Orchestrator™ to leverage workflows, creating approval cycles, and managing machine lifecycles to conserve resources. In addition, you will better understand and know how to achieve the benefits of automation as a component of the software-defined data center.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe the vRealize Automation architecture and use cases
- Install and configure vRealize Automation
- Manage vRealize Automation entities on VMware and third-party virtual, cloud, and physical infrastructures
- Configure and manage catalogs and blueprints
- Configure and manage business groups and reservations for compute resources on VMware, Microsoft, Amazon, and other platforms
- Use the self-service portal to request and manage machines in accordance with vRealize Automation approval and governance policies
- Explain vRealize Automation extensibility and workflows
- Manage and monitor machines and resource reclamation
- Experienced system administrators and system integrators responsible for designing and implementing vRealize Automation
- Experience with working at the command line is helpful.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
vRealize Automation Overview and Architecture
- Describe the software-defined data center
- Explain the purpose of vRealize Automation
- Explain the concepts of vRealize Automation administration and self-service provisioning
- Describe where vRealize Automation fits in the VMware product line
- Discuss use cases for vRealize Automation
- Identify the components of a vRealize Automation simple deployment
- Identify the components of a vRealize Automation enterprise deployment
- Identify the component design options for vRealize Automation
- Identify how vRealize Automation integrates with other VMware products
Authentication, Fabric, and Tenants
- Describe identity management in vRealize Automation
- Identify the authentication methods available in vRealize Automation
- Identify the appropriate roles for specific tasks in vRealize Automation
- Create tenants
- Explain multitenant leading practices
- Define relationships between vRealize Automation entities
- Identify and configure vRealize Automation endpoints
- Identify how vRealize Automation discovers compute resources
- Identify fabric groups, business groups, and reservations
- Create and manage reservations for compute resources
Converged Blueprints, Containers, and Catalog Management
- Define blueprints
- Identify the process and options for configuring blueprints
- Create a blueprint with a single virtual machine
- Create a blueprint with multiple virtual machines
- Use parameters in blueprints
- Describe containers
- Identify the role of the service catalog
- Define catalog items
- Use entitlements to manage catalog items
Consuming Catalog Services
- Request a single-machine service
- Monitor the service provisioning status
- Reconfigure a provisioned machine
- Manage snapshots
- Identify roles involved in creating approval policies
- Identify approval policy level
- Identify approval phases
- Create and apply approval policies for catalog items
- Use custom properties to modify the provisioning process
- Use property groups to group sets of custom properties
- Use the property dictionary to modify the provisioning process
- Identify NSX capabilities
- Describe the NSX components that vRealize Automation uses
- Describe the benefits of NSX integration with vRealize Automation
- Integrate vRealize Automation with NSX
- Use NSX elements in vRealize Automation blueprints
- Detail the lifecycle of a vRealize Automation application deployment
- Author an application blueprint
- Deploy an application blueprint from the service catalog
Monitoring and Reclamation
- Identify how to monitor resource use
- Demonstrate how to reclaim resources
- Demonstrate how to manage machine leases
- Monitor system events
vRealize Automation Extensibility
- Identify the vRealize Automation extensibility tools
- Identify the vRealize Automation extensibility use cases
- Use vRealize CloudClient to export a blueprint
- Use vRealize Orchestrator
- Use vRealize Orchestrator plug-ins for external integration
- Describe anything-as-a-service (XaaS) components
- Create an XaaS blueprint
- Describe how the event broker service enhances extensibility
- Identify the appropriate subscription types and options for a subscription
- Describe the two event broker event types
- Identify the three event broker phases
- Illustrate the master workflow
- Describe the necessary requirements for passing custom properties to workflows
- Explain how the event broker helps with day 2 operations
- Use scale-in and scale-out to size virtual appliances
- Integrate VMware vSphere® virtual machine storage policies into blueprints
vRealize Automation Installation
- Explain the vRealize Automation installation prerequisites
- Describe the vRealize Automation installation procedure
- Perform a vRealize Automation appliance deployment
- Configure the vRealize Automation appliance
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt