VMware vSphere 4.x/5.x to vSphere 5.5 Upgrade & New Technology Ult. Bootcamp
About Individual Course:
Now Only $24.99 Regular Price $99.00
Now Only $24.99 Regular Price $99.00/ Each
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription plan gives you access to this course and over 911 other popular courses
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99/ Month
You have already taken demo for this course.
If you want to get access to demo again, feel free to contact our support at (855) 800-8240
About this course:
VMware vSphere is a server virtualization platform from VMware. VMware vSphere debuted in 2009 as the successor to the company's flagship VMware Infrastructure solution, and it serves as a complete platform for implementing and managing virtual machine (VM) infrastructure on a large scale. As for this advanced level course , it covers everything students need to know about the VMware vSphere 4.x/5.x to vSphere 5.5 Upgrade and New Technology Ultimate Bootcamp. Students will learn about vSphere 5.1 & 5.5, upgrading or migrating to vSphere 5.5, virtual machine enhancements, managing vSphere 5.x administration, networking, storage, availability, and security enhancements. The students will learn the different options to perform the upgrade to vSphere 5.5 from different vSphere versions including 4.1, 5.0, 5.1 and then, after upgrading vCenter, will upgrade their ESXi host and Virtual Machines to version 5.5. Finally, students will cover all of the new features in vSphere 5.5.
The average salary for a Vmware Administrator is $79,168 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- List and describe key enhancements in vSphere 5.1 and 5.5
- Complete discussion of Single Sign On server (SSO)
- Upgrade a deployment from vSphere 4.1 to vSphere 5.5
- Use the VMware vSphere® Web Client to manage vSphere 5.5
- List and describe key networking enhancements, including the new features in vSphere Distributed Switch (vDS)
- Upgrade and manage a VMware vSphere® VMFS-5 datastore
- Understand and configure policy-driven storage
- Create a datastore cluster and configure Storage DRS
- Live migration of a virtual machine without shared storage
- Utilizing Flash Read Cache to enhance Virtual Machine performance
- Secure the virtual machines using VMware® vShield Endpoint™ (now included in base vSphere product)
- Backup and recover a vSphere environment using the new vSphere Data Protection
- Replicate virtual machines using the new vSphere Replication
- Use new displays to monitor VMware vSphere® High Availability cluster activity
- Linux-based VMware® vCenter™ Server Appliance™ & SSO
- Discuss new features of Auto Deploy to install a stateless or stateful ESXi host
- Provide Traffic Filtering through use of ACLs for Network Traffic
- And many, many other new features and enhancements
This course is intended for:
- VMware administrator
- Students should have 1-3 year experience as a VMware vSphere administrator using VMware vSphere 4.x/5.x, be familiar with virtual technologies and have sat a VMware vSphere training program, or VMTraining vSphere Ultimate Bootcamp, or equivalent within the last year. Students MUST know the vSphere 4.x product line or they will need to have taken one of the other full vSphere 4.x classes instead.
|Subjects||IT Ops & Management|
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||6 Hours|
Learn Subscription Includes:
Sign up for your FREE TRIAL, And Explore Hundreds Of Courses.