VMware vSphere 6.0 with ESXi and vCenter Boot Camp (VMWare-Bootcamp6)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
This powerful 5-day, extended hours class is an intensive introduction to VMware vSphere including VMware ESXi 6.0 and vCenter. This course has been completely rewritten to reflect the changes and improvements introduced in vSphere 6. Our courseware and labs have been fully updated and now use Web Client rather than legacy vSphere Client for both presentation material and lab procedures. Assuming no prior virtualization experience, this class starts with the basics and rapidly progresses to advanced topics. With 40+% of class time is devoted to labs, students learn the skills they need to become effective vSphere administrators. Labs start with installation and configuration of stand-alone ESXi servers and progress to shared storage, networking and centralized management.
The class continues to advanced topics including resource balancing, high availability, power management, back up, and recovery, performance, vCenter redundancy, VM redundancy. Disaster recovery, rapid deployment, hot migration, and workload consolidation are also covered. This class is unique in its approach; which is to identify and eliminate common IT pain points using vSphere. Students learn how to deliver business value; not just the technical or mechanical aspects of the software. Every attendee performs one or more Hands on Labs at the end of each chapter. By the end of the class, attendees will have developed in-depth vSphere knowledge, skills, and best practices. Attendees will be able to design, implement, configure, monitor, manage, and troubleshoot vSphere 6.0. Attendees have the option to earn ESXLab Certified Virtualization Specialist (ECVS) by challenging a certification exam at the end of the course.
This class is suitable for anyone who want to learn how to extract the maximum benefit from their investment in Virtual Infrastructure, including:
- System architects or others who need to design virtual infrastructure
- Security specialists responsible for administering, managing, securing Virtual Infrastructure
- Operators responsible for day-to-day operation of Virtual Infrastructure
- Performance analysts who need to understand, provision, monitor Virtual Infrastructure
- Business Continuity specialists responsible for disaster recovery and high availability
- Storage administrators who work with Fibre / iSCSI SAN volumes and NAS datastores
- Managers who need an unbiased understanding of virtualization before committing their organization to a virtual infrastructure deployment.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Virtualization Infrastructure Overview
- How to Install, Configure ESXi 6.0 Installable
- Virtual and Physical Networking
- Advanced Virtual Networking
- Configure and use NAS Shared Storage
- Virtual Hardware and Virtual Machines
- Install and Deploy the vCenter Server Appliance
- VM Rapid Deployment using Templates, Clones
- Advanced Virtual Hardware – Hot Plug CPU/Memory
- ESXi and vCenter Permission Model
- Using Fibre and iSCSI Shared Storage
- Work with Raw Device Maps
- VMFS – The VMware Cluster File System
- ESXi and vCenter Alarms
- Resource Management and Resource Pools
- Consolidation with vCenter Converter
- VMotion Hot migration, Cold Migration, Storage VMotion
- Load Balancing w. Distributed Resource Scheduler clusters
- Failure Recovery with High Availability Clusters
- High VM availability with HA Fault Tolerance
- Disaster Preparedness with vSphere Replication
- Patch Management with VMware Update Manager
- Managing Scalability and Performance
- Create, configure, and use vNetwork Distributed Virtual Switches
- Final Thoughts
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's