Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
This accelerated, extended-hours course packages the complete content of two Authorized VMware courses, VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.1] and VMware vSphere: Automation with vSphere PowerCLI, with a voucher for the VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 5 (VCP5) exam for five intensive days of VMware vSphere skills building and certification preparation.
You will gain hands-on experience installing, configuring, and managing VMware vSphere, which consists of VMware ESXi 5.1 and VMware vCenter Server 5.1. You will also learn to improve efficiency, availability, flexibility, and manageability by automating tasks using VMware vSphere PowerCLI. You will spend nearly half of your time in class completing more than 30 hands-on labs.
The average salary for Vmware Administrator is $79,168 per year.
After completing this course students will be able to:
- Deploy, configure and manage a virtual infrastructure environment ESXi and vCenter
- Configure and manage standard and advanced ESXi networking and storage architectures
- Create, configure, migrate, manage, and monitor virtual machines and virtual appliances
- Manage role-based access to the VMware® virtual infrastructure
- Use vCenter Server to monitor resource usage of an environment and plan scalability of the environment
- Implement VMware vSphere® High Availability and VMware vSphere® Fault Tolerance for virtual machine protection
- Use host profiles to manage ESXi configuration compliance and large scale deployment
- Use vSphere distributed switches to scale networking
- Use policy-driven storage and VMware vSphere® Storage DRS™ to scale storage
- Use VMware vSphere® Update Manager™ to apply ESXi patches
- Use VMware vSphere® Management Assistant to manage and monitor a vSphere environment
- Deploy ESXi, vCenter Server, and VMware® vCenter Server™ Appliance™
- Use VMware vSphere® ESXi™ Image Builder CLI to create an ESXi image and use that image with VMware vSphere® Auto Deploy™ to provision ESXi hosts
- This course is designed for new and experienced system administrators, systems engineers and system integrators willing to work hard to achieve superior vSphere skills with minimal time away from the office
- You should already be able to: Log in to an AIX system and set a user password
- Willingness to participate in a demanding, high-intensity training experience
- Comfort with system administration using command line interfaces
- Basic understanding of virtualization concepts
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Module 1: Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
- Module 2: Software-Defined Data Center
- Introduce virtualization and vSphere components
- Explain the concepts of server, network, and storage virtualization
- Describe where vSphere fits into the cloud architecture
- Install and use vSphere user interfaces
- Describe the ESXi architecture and configure various ESXi settings
- Module 3: Creating Virtual Machines
- Introduce virtual machines, virtual machine hardware, and virtual machine files
- Deploy a single virtual machine
- Module 4: VMware vCenter Server
- Introduce vCenter Server architecture
- Introduce vCenter Server Appliance
- Install and configure vCenter Server Appliance
- Using the VMware vSphere® Web Client
- Configuring VMware® vCenter? Single Sign-On?
- Manage vCenter Server inventory objects and licenses
- Module 5: Configuring and Managing Virtual Networks
- Describe, create, and manage a standard switch
- Describe and modify standard switch properties
- Describe the NIC teaming of a standard switch port group
- Module 6: Configuring and Managing Virtual Storage
- Introduce storage protocols and device names
- Configure ESXi with iSCSI, NFS, and Fibre Channel storage
- Create and manage VMware vSphere® VMFS datastores
- Introduce VMware® Virtual SAN? datastores
- Module 7: Virtual Machine Management
- Use templates and cloning to deploy virtual machines
- Modify and manage virtual machines
- Create and manage virtual machine snapshots
- Perform VMware vSphere® vMotion® and VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion® migrations
- Create a VMware vSphere® vApp?
- Module 8: Access and Authentication Control
- Control user access through roles and permissions
- Discuss ESXi host access and authentication
- Integrate ESXi with Active Directory
- Module 9: Resource Management and Monitoring
- Introduce virtual CPU and memory concepts
- Describe methods for optimizing CPU and memory usage
- Configure and manage resource pools
- Use vCenter Server performance graphs and alarms to monitor resource usage
- Module 10: High Availability and Fault Tolerance
- Explain the vSphere HA architecture
- Configure and manage a vSphere HA cluster
- Set vSphere HA advanced parameters
- Enable vSphere FT on a virtual machine
- Describe VMware vSphere® Replication
- Module 11: Network Scalability
- Create, configure, and manage vSphere distributed switches, network connections, and port groups
- Discuss distributed switch features, such as private VLANs, discovery protocols, VMware vSphere® Network I/O Control, NetFlow, and port mirroring
- Module 12: Host Scalability
- Use host profiles to manage ESXi configuration compliance
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler? cluster
- Configure Enhanced vMotion Compatibility
- Use vSphere HA and vSphere DRS together
- Module 13: Storage Scalability
- Describe VMware vSphere® Storage APIs - Array Integration and Storage Awareness
- Explain policy-driven storage
- Add a storage policy to a virtual machine storage profile
- Introduce VMware vSphere® Storage I/O Control
- Create a datastore cluster
- Configure Storage DRS
- Module 14: Patch Management
- Use vSphere Update Manager to manage ESXi patching
- Install vSphere Update Manager and the vSphere Update Manager plug-in
- Create patch baselines
- Scan and remediate hosts
- Module 15: VMware Management Resources
- Describe vSphere Management Assistant
- Configure vSphere Management Assistant
- Discuss the VMware vSphere® Command-Line Interface command set
- Perform command-line operations for host management, network management, storage management, and performance monitoring
- Module 16: Installing VMware Components
- Describe vCenter Linked Mode to manage multiple vCenter Server inventories
- Introduce ESXi installation
- Describe boot-from-SAN requirements
- Describe vCenter Server hardware, software, and database requirements
- Install vCenter Server (Windows-based)
- Module 17: Host and Management Scalability
- Configure and manage VMware vSphere® Distributed Power Management?
- Use VMware vSphere® PowerCLI?
- Use vSphere ESXi Image Builder CLIto create an ESXi installation image
- Use vSphere Auto Deploy to deploy a stateless ESXi host
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's
- Virtual Classroom
- 4 Days