Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
This intensive, extended-hours course combines instructor training with hands-on labs to focus on how to install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot VMware vSphere® 6, including VMware ESXi™ 6 and VMware vCenter Server™ 6. This course combines the content of the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage course with training in the troubleshooting skills needed for maintaining highly available and scalable vSphere environments. Students gain practical experience with these concepts through the completion of hands-on labs. This course also prepares the students for the VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV) certification exam.
The average salary of Vmware Administrator is $79,681 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Deploy an ESXi host and create virtual machines
- Deploy a vCenter Server instance or VMware vCenter™ Server Appliance™
- Configure and manage the vSphere infrastructure with VMware vSphere® Client™ and VMware vSphere® Web Client
- Configure vSphere standard and distributed switches
- Describe and use a content library
- Migrate virtual machines and storage with VMware vSphere® vMotion® and VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
- Use VMware vRealize™ Operations Manager™ to identify and solve issues through analytics and alerts
- Manage VMware vSphere® High Availability and VMware vSphere® Fault Tolerance
- Use VMware vSphere® Replication™ and VMware vSphere® Data Protection™ to replicate virtual machines and perform data recovery
- Use VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™ clusters to improve host scalability
- Use VMware vSphere® Update Manager™ to apply patches
- Perform basic troubleshooting of ESXi hosts, virtual machines, vCenter Server, virtual networking, virtual storage, and other vSphere operations
New and experienced system administrators, systems engineers, and system integrators seeking superior vSphere skills with minimal time away from the office.
- System administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals course
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
Software-Defined Data Center
- Introduce virtualization and vSphere components
- Explain the concepts of server, network, and storage virtualization
- Describe where vSphere fits into the cloud architecture
- Install and use vSphere user interfaces
- Describe the ESXi architecture and configure various ESXi settings
Creating Virtual Machines
- Introduce virtual machines, virtual machine hardware, and virtual machine files
- Deploy a single virtual machine
- Explain the importance of VMware Tools?
- Describe how to import an OVF template
- Introduce vCenter Server architecture
- Introduce vCenter Server Appliance
- Install and configure vCenter Server Appliance
- Use vSphere Web Client
- Configure VMware vCenter? Single Sign-On? and VMware Platform Services Controller?
- Manage vCenter Server inventory objects and licenses
- Use a structured approach to troubleshoot issues in vSphere
- Discuss options for running vSphere commands
- Locate and use important vSphere log files
Configuring and Managing Virtual Networks
- Describe, create, and manage a standard switch
- Describe and modify standard switch properties
- Describe the NIC teaming of a standard switch port group
- Describe, create, and manage a distributed switch
- Troubleshoot virtual networking
Configuring and Managing Virtual Storage
- Introduce storage protocols and device names
- Configure ESXi with iSCSI, NFS, and Fibre Channel storage
- Create and manage VMware vSphere® VMFS datastores
- Introduce VMware Virtual SAN? datastores
- Troubleshoot virtual storage
Virtual Machine Management
- Use templates and cloning to deploy virtual machines
- Modify and manage virtual machines
- Create and manage virtual machine snapshots
- Perform vSphere vMotion and vSphere Storage vMotion migrations
- Create vApps
- Describe the types of content libraries
- Troubleshoot virtual machines and snapshots
Resource Management and Monitoring
- Introduce virtual CPU and memory concepts
- Describe methods for optimizing CPU and memory usage
- Configure and manage resource pools
- Use vCenter Server performance graphs and alarms to monitor resource usage
- Use vRealize Operations Manager to manage a software-defined data center
vSphere HA and vSphere Fault Tolerance
- Explain the vSphere HA architecture
- Configure and manage a vSphere HA cluster
- Set vSphere HA advanced parameters
- Enable vSphere Fault Tolerance on a virtual machine
- Describe vSphere Replication and vSphere Data Protection
- Troubleshoot vSphere HA
- Describe the functions of a vSphere DRS cluster
- Create a vSphere DRS cluster
- View information about a vSphere DRS cluster
- Troubleshoot vSphere DRS clusters
vSphere Update Manager and Host Maintenance
- Describe, install, and configure vSphere Update Manager
- Describe and use host profiles
- Use baselines and remediate ESXi hosts
- Perform patch management
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's