Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale is designed for experienced VMware vSphere users. It teaches advanced skills for configuring and maintaining a highly available and scalable virtual infrastructure. Through a mix of lecture and hands-on labs, you will configure and optimize the vSphere features that build a foundation for a truly scalable infrastructure and discuss when and where these features have the greatest effect. Anyone who is ready to take their understanding of vSphere to a deeper level and learn how to use advanced features and controls will greatly benefit from this course.
The average salary for Vmware Administrator is $79,168 per year.
After completing this course students will be able to:
- Configure and manage VMware ESXi™ networking and storage for a large and sophisticated enterprise
- Use VMware vSphere® Client™, VMware vSphere® Web Client, and VMware vSphere® ESXi™ Shell to manage vSphere
- Use VMware vSphere® Auto Deploy™ and host profiles to provision ESXi hosts
- Optimize the performance of all vSphere components
- Use VMware vRealize® Log Insight™ to monitor system logs
- Deploy VMware vCenter® Server Appliance™ to be highly available and optimized for performance
- Migrate a Windows vCenter Server system to vCenter Server Appliance 6.5
- Harden the vSphere environment against security threats
- Encrypt virtual machines for additional security
Completion of one of the following courses:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [5.5 or 6]
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track
- Or equivalent knowledge and administration experience with ESXi and vCenter Server
- Experience working at the command prompt is highly recommended
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Module 1: Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
- Identify additional resources for after this course
- Identify other VMware Education offerings
- Describe the user interfaces available in vSphere 6.5
- Module 2: Network Scalability
- Configure and manage vSphere distributed switches
- Explain distributed switch features such as port mirroring, LACP, QoS tagging, and NetFlow
- Module 3: Storage Scalability
- Explain VMware vSphere® Storage APIs - Array Integration and VMware vSphere® API for Storage Awareness™
- Configure and assign virtual machine storage policies
- Configure VMware vSphere® Storage DRS™ and VMware vSphere® Storage I/O Control
- Create and use virtual volumes in vSphere
- Module 4: Host and Management Scalability
- Explain the uses of VMware vCenter® Converter™
- Define and use content libraries
- Describe and use host profiles
- Describe and use VMware vSphere® ESXi™ Image Builder CLI and vSphere Auto Deploy
- Module 5: CPU Optimization
- Explain the CPU scheduler operation, NUMA support, and other features that affect CPU performance
- Use esxtop to monitor key CPU performance metrics
- Module 6: Memory Optimization
- Explain ballooning, memory compression, and host-swapping techniques for memory reclamation when memory is overcommitted
- Use esxtop to monitor key memory performance metrics
- Module 7: Storage Optimization
- Describe storage queue types and other factors that affect storage performance
- Use esxtop to monitor key storage performance metrics
- Module 8: Network Optimization
- Explain the performance features of network adapters
- Explain the performance features of vSphere networking
- Use esxtop to monitor key network performance metrics
- Module 9: Analyzing vSphere
- Explain how Proactive DRS enhances virtual machine availability
- Use vRealize Log Insight to identify and troubleshoot issues
- Module 10: vCenter Server Availability and Performance
- Describe the high availability options for vCenter Server and VMware Platform Services Controller™
- Describe and use VMware vCenter Server® High Availability
- Identify the factors that influence vCenter Server performance
- Migrate a Windows vCenter Server 5.5 system to vCenter Server Appliance 6.5
- Module 11: vSphere Security
- Configure ESXi host access and authorization
- Secure ESXi, vCenter Server, and virtual machines
- Use VMware Certificate Authority to configure vSphere certificate management
- Configure vSphere to encrypt virtual machines, core dumps, and VMware vSphere® vMotion® migrations
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's