WebSphere Application Server V8.5 Scripting and Automation (WA680)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Most administrative tasks are multi-step and repeatedly used, and GUI-based administration tools can quickly become impractical and even a burden. WebSphere Application Server offers a collection of tools and technologies that you can use to create automated scripts, facilitating system administration. The course describes the scripting facilities in WebSphere Application Server and teaches you how to use the Jython language with WebSphere administrative objects to develop scripts that automate common administrative tasks. Hands-on exercises throughout the course reinforce lecture content and give you practical experience with the WebSphere Application Server V8.5 scripting environment. Exercises include tasks such as creating and configuring an application server environment, installing and configuring the IBM HTTP Server, and automating the installation of WebSphere Application Server. This option does not require any travel.This course is also available as self-paced virtual (e-learning) course WebSphere V8 Scripting and Automation (ZA680) (Self-paced).
- Describe the support in WebSphere Application Server for scripting and automation
- Use Jython and the IBM Assembly and Deploy Tools (IADT) to develop automated scripts
- Identify the administrative objects and programming APIs needed for administrative scripting
- Use the wsadmin tool to prototype and run scripts
- Write scripts to automate common WebSphere Application Server administration tasks
- Describe the use of Ant to automate tasks
- Use Jython scripting to submit jobs to the job manager
- Transition to WebSphere Application Server V8.5 for Administrators (WU805) or (VU805)
- WebSphere Application Server V8.5 Administration (WA585) or (VA585)
This intermediate course is for systems integrators, administrators, architects, and developers who use WebSphere Application Server to configure, administer, or architect solutions.
You should have a thorough understanding of the topologies and runtime administration of WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment environments. You can gain this knowledge through experience or by completing one of the following courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Course introduction
- Introduction to scripting
- WebSphere Application Server administrative concepts and architecture
- WebSphere Application Server scripting facilities
- Using wsadmin
- Exercise: Using wsadmin to explore the WebSphere Application Server environment
- Jython basics
- Jython development by using the IADT
- Exercise: Using the IBM Assembly and Deploy Tools (IADT) to develop Jython scripts
- Administrative object basics: Help and AdminConfig
- Exercise: Using the Help and AdminConfig objects
- Administrative object basics: AdminApp
- Exercise: Using the AdminApp object
- Administrative object basics: AdminControl
- Exercise: Using the AdminControl object
- Administrative object basics: AdminTask
- Exercise: Using the AdminTask object
- Introduction to the PlantsByWebSphere and messaging applications
- Configuring and managing servers and server resources by using scripting
- Exercise: Creating and configuring the Plants server environment with scripting
- Exercise: Installing and configuring the IBM HTTP Server
- Deploying and managing the PlantsByWebSphere application by using scripting
- Exercise: Deploying the PlantsByWebSphere application
- Scripting methodologies and recommendations
- Using ws_ant
- Exercise: ws_ant scripting and configuring the service integration bus
- Properties file based configurations and Jython script library
- Using scripts with the job manager and CIM
- Exercise: Automating the installation of WebSphere Application Server
- Course summary
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's