About this course:
Did you ever wish to have a chance at exploring the new and advanced security features in Windows Server 2016? This is a new course designed, in which Orin Thomas – author of a book on Windows Server – will give an extremely useful lecture in order for you to learn on the matters of better protection procedures against security breaches.
Windows Server 2016 is extremely beneficial in terms of security matters. Its security procedure consists of equipping the system with multiple layers of protection which helps in tackling both known and emerging threats. In this course you will get to learn about the way which it partakes to protect your system’s infrastructure. See how protections were built to mitigate an array of attack vectors and to deal with the overall threat of ongoing attacks inside the datacenter.
This course will start with an overview of the hardening of Windows Server 2016, alongside including hardware prerequisites for Secure Boot and procedure learning on disabling system services. You will get to study the ways of configuring network security, that includes firewalls, and survey about the secure virtualization procedure, such as encryption-supported virtual machines. After this, you will get to learn about secure virtualization, threat detection, privileged identity, Desired State Configuration, and several other things. You will have to watch the demos, partake in hands-on labs activities, and pass the final exam, in order for you to level up your skills and abilities for ongoing security management.
The course has the following learning objectives:
- The present form of the security threat landscape
- New security structures and components of Windows Server 2016 which aid in tackling security threats
- Gaining insights of the security services included in the latest version of Windows Server 2016
- Gaining knowledge of the supporting security external infrastructure
- Understanding of the new security features of Hyper-V
- Gaining knowledge on Desired State Configuration (DSC)
This course has been designed for IT administrators and programmers.