Writing Professional Code
Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
16 HoursCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription Plan gives you access to this course, PLUS:
7-Day FREE Trial
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99/ Month
About this course
“Professional” sounds boring, right? Wrong! Join expert Andrew Byrne, who has more than 25 years of software development experience, and see how fun it can be to apply your coding skills to actual problems. Create an online portfolio of code on GitHub, and receive feedback from your peers through code reviews and discussions.
Being a professional developer is about managing change, evolving a codebase, maintaining quality, and keeping your users and your business safe.
As a new coder, step up your game as you learn and practice key skills that developers use every day. Work with a collection of code in a version control system like Git, use open source (OSS) libraries, make updates to existing code, improve its readability, and even take a look at security. Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of the team, and get practical experience with real code in a real coding environment.
- Work with code that’s maintained in a version control system, such as Git.
- Improve code and make it easier to understand using refactoring, code comments, naming conventions and documentation.
- Update an existing code base.
- Code with confidence with the help of unit tests.
- Give and receive meaningful feedback in a peer code review.
- Contribute to Open-Source Software (OSS) projects on GitHub.
- Learn how to keep your code secure and respect your user’s privacy.
- Professional Developer
- Knowledge of C# is required
Self-Paced Learning Outline
Module 0 | Welcome to the Course
- Before You Start
- Pre-Course Survey
Module 1 | Elements of Professional Code
- Source Control with Git and GitHub
- Write it up with Markdown
- Module Assessment
Module 2 | Communicate With Code
- Consistency and Naming
- Code Refactoring
- Clean up Variables and Strings
- Final Updates
Module 3 | Code Confidently With Unit Tests
- Write Unit Tests with Xunit
- Make Your Codebase Testable
Module 4 | Final Exam
- Final Exam
Module 5 | Post-Course Survey
- Thank You !
- Post-Course Survey
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||16 Hours|
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's