XenDesktop, and Provisioning Services 7.1x Administration (Fast Track) (CMB-310)
About Individual Course:
About this course
Before knowing more about this IT Ops Training, we will learn the difference among the XenDesktop and XenApp. XenDesktop has very similar characteristics and working as XenApp, along with one additional feature which allows a adjustable VDI solution. On the other hand, XenApp is an application virtualization resolution which enables you to enhance productivity with universal connection to desktops, virtual apps and data from other devices.
Now, we will look at this IT Ops Training. It is a five-day course which is speedy intermediate level management course and it trains the attendees for full provisioning services 7.1x surroudnings for image management. And all the basics learning needed for setting up, operating and handling an extremely accessible XenDesktop 7.1x and XenApp environment. This course will also cover, learning about resolution structure and communications, the features which assist in effective arrangement. The course curriculum also includes set up profile management, printing and basic protection characteristics, set up and operate Citrix Receiver and StoreFront, install and deliver apps and desktops (PVS AND MCS), and understand polices. Along with these, knowing how to look after and get rid of the damages and problems with Citrix Director. With completion of this course you will able to appear in Citrix 202: Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop Administration 7.6 LTSR exam.
The average salary for a Citrix Engineer is $101,800 per year.
This course enables attendees to:
Handle the end-user experience through policies and fucntions involving profiles and printing.
Basic information of XenDesktop and XenApp to work it efficiently.
Setup, operate and handle an extremely accessible Provisioning Services structure for image administration.
Setup, operate and handle an extremely accessible XenDesktop an XenApp site.
Organize and deliver desktops and apps to end-users using both PVS AND MCS on Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10.
This course in designed for manager OF XenApp, Provisioning Services and XenDesktop.
It is an advantage to have beforehand knowledge on XenApp and XenDesktop and the attendees may have minimal or no knowledge of 7.1x version of the platform.
Suggested prerequisites courses
Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x Administration (CXD-210)
Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x Optimization and Troubleshooting (CXD-303)
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Architecture Overview
- FlexCast models (use cases)
- Layered approach methodology
- Connection flow process
- Hosting platform considerations
Module 2: Initial Requirements and Lab
- Supporting infrastructure requirements
- Supporting infrastructure licensing considerations
- Preparing for Windows 10 and Server 2016 with AppDNA
- Lab environment
Module 3: Installing and Configuring a XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- Licensing considerations
- Installation and management
- Basic license server troubleshooting
- Delivery Controller role
- The XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- Databases and the Local Host Cache (LHC)
Module 4: Provision and Deliver Application and Desktop Resources
- The Virtual Delivery Agent
- Machine Catalogs and Delivery Groups
- Provisioning methods and considerations
- Provisioning methods: Machine Creation Services (MCS) in depth
- MCS environment considerations
Module 5: Providing Access with Citrix StoreFront and Receiver
- StoreFront installation and architecture
- StoreFront authentication services
- Self Service Password Reset
- Citrix Receiver
- Receiver configurations
Module 6: Understanding and Configuring Citrix Policies
- Policies introduction
- Policies for session management
Module 7: Application Presentation and Management
- Application properties
- File-type association
- Workspace Control
- Shortcut placement
- Session Prelaunch and Session Lingering
- Application groups
Module 8: Printing with XenApp and XenDesktop
- Printing introduction
- Print job routing
- Printer driver management
- Citrix Universal Print Driver and Server
Module 9: Citrix Profile Management
- User profiles
- Configuring Citrix Profile management
Module 10: Managing the XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- Delegated administration
- Logging and reporting
- Introduction to Zones
- Introduction to PowerShell
- Reboot schedules for the Server VDA
Module 11: XenApp and XenDesktop Site Redundancy
- Component failure review
- Methods of redundancy
- Configuring site and access infrastructure redundancy
Module 12: XenApp and XenDesktop Site Basic Network Security
- Citrix administrator introduction to security considerations
- Certificate authority
- XML service security
- External HDX connection security with NetScaler Gateway
Module 13: Monitoring the XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- Introduction to Citrix Director
- Navigating Director
- Trends and reports
- Alerts and notifications
- Monitoring sessions
- Interacting with sessions
- Network monitoring with HDX Insight
Module 14: Introduction to Supporting and Troubleshooting XenApp and XenDesktop
- Introduction to supporting XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- Known issue awareness
- XenApp and XenDesktop Hotfixes and the Long Term Service Release
- Common Troubleshooting Tools
Module 15: Advanced Provisioning with Provisioning Services
- Getting started with Provisioning Services
- Provisioning Services Architecture
Module 16: Provisioning Services Infrastructure
- The PVS server role
- The Farm database
- The vDisk Store
Module 17: Streaming the vDisk
- Introduction to vDisks
- Machine preparation
- Streaming vDisks
- Boot methods
Module 18: Target Devices
- Introduction to target devices
- Data I/O
- Handling persistent and non-persistent data
Module 19: Integrating Provisioning Services with XenApp and XenDesktop
- XenDesktop Setup Wizard
- Device Collections
- Published Apps and Desktops
- Using Provisioning Services with XenApp and XenDesktop
Module 20: Provisioning Services Redundancy
- Farm component redundancy
- Store redundancy
- Database redundancy
Module 21: Supporting Provisioning Services
- Performing updates
- Auditing and support
- vDisk imagining
- Migrating vDisk images
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt