CompTIA A+ Certification: A Comprehensive Approach (Exams 220-1101 and 220-1102)
Need Training for 5 or More People?
Customized to your team's need:
- Annual Subscriptions
- Private Training
- Flexible Pricing
- Enterprise LMS
- Dedicated Customer Success Manager
About the Course:
It is a widely held belief that the CompTIA certified A+ professionals are amazing problem solvers. They support the core technologies in play today, such as security, data management, cloud, and much more. If you wish to launch your career in the IT industry then CompTIA A+ is the way to go. It helps build the foundation for a successful career. It is the only performance based credential which is recognized by the industry to showcase the ability of a professional to think of his or her feet and perform critical support tasks undertaken by IT in a jiffy. The credential has a trust factor which catches the eyes of the employers, all over the world, and brands the individual to be the problem solver in technical and end-point management support roles. The certification is regularly updated to keep pace with the evolving times.
The course will enable the student to learn how to configure, install, troubleshoot, optimize, upgrade and repair, as well as perform preventive maintenance on digital devices, personal computers, and operating systems. Those enrolled in this course, will learn how to:
- Support operating systems.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot storage devices.
- Install and configure PC system unit components and peripheral devices.
- Install, configure, and maintain operating systems.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot internal system components.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot display and multimedia devices.
- Configure and troubleshoot network connections.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows.
- Explain network infrastructure concepts.
- Implement physical security.
- Implement client virtualization and cloud computing.
- Manage users, workstations, and shared resources.
- Support and troubleshoot mobile devices.
- Troubleshoot workstation security issues.
- Secure workstations and data.
- Support and troubleshoot laptops.
- Implement operational procedures.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot print devices.
The course is intended to be undertaken by those professional who have basic knowledge about computers and skillfully know how to use it, as well as those who aim to get an entry level position as an IT technician. It can also be opted for by those students who wish to have the CompTIA A+ certification, and want to take the CompTIA A+ Core 1 220-1101 Certification Exam and the CompTIA A+ Core 2 220-1102 Certification Exam.
Those candidates who obtain this certification may occupy one of the following job roles;
- Support Specialist; On average, they earn $54,500/- per year
- Field Service Technician; The average salary of such a professional is $46,000/- per year
- Help Desk Tier 2 Support; These professionals earn up to $45,000/- per year, on average.
- Desktop Support Analyst; Individuals occupying this role can earn $60,000/- per year, on average.
In order to enroll in this course and eventually clear the exams, you must have basic knowledge about computer and its usage, and you should be able to perform tasks in Microsoft® Windows® environment. In addition, you should also be able to access and browse for information via the Internet and have basic knowledge and understanding of various computing concepts. In order to obtain these basic level skills, you can take the CompTIA® IT Fundamentals+ Certification (Exam FC0-U61), which builds the foundation for advanced level courses.
Note: The pre-requisites for this course may significantly differ from the pre-re