By using Cisco StackWise, what is the most number of switches which can be stacked?
To a pre-existing switch stack, a network engineer has to make an addition of a new switch. What configuration should be added to the new switch before adding it to the switch stack?
In case of a broken cable stack, what bandwidth percentage is reduced?
The interface port channel1 is seen to be in the down/downstate after there’s configuration of an EtherChannel between two Cisco switches. The configuration of switch A is with channel-group1 mode active and that of switch B is with channel-group1 mode desirable. Why is EtherChannel not found to be working?
The establishment of EtherChannel bundle is made between a corporate web server, using only one EtherChannel link, and a Cisco switch. The EtherChannel should be utilized better for the corporate web server. In order for that to happen, what must be done to the Cisco switch?
- C. The spanning tree on all the interfaces participating in the EtherChannel bundle should be disabled.
- D. When link failure occurs to the server, the link-state tracking should be used for improving the load balancing of traffic.
All VLANS are permitted when the Interface FastEthernet0/1 is globally configured as a trunk interface with command:
monitor session 2 filter VLAN 1 - 8, 39, 52
What will the command implement result in?
The inconsistency of the Cisco Discovery Protocol neighbors are noticed by a network engineer by studying the diagram provided. Only a single neighbor is seen to use Cisco Discovery Protocol while possessing several routing neighbor relationships. Why is the output only showing one neighbor?
A network engineer notices that the devices using Cisco Discovery Protocol are invisible after several switch types from various vendors are implemented. What is the vendor-neutral protocol that would be able to resolve this issue? (Choose three.)
VTP clients are the new switches added to the existing network and they are configured with the same VTP domain, version and password. The problem is that VLANS are not seen to be passing from the existing network, i.e. the VTP server, to the clients. How can this be fixed?
- C. Make sure that configuration of all switch interconnects as trunks permits the transferring of VTP information.
The problem with implementing VTP is that the there’s no propagation of extended VLANs to other VTP switches. What should the extended VLAN configuration be?
- C. Making sure that the same Cisco IOS version is run by all switches run. When extended VLANs are in use, they will not propagate to different IOS versions.
A change in the port roles are seen by a network engineer after the switching infrastructure upgrade is made recently. The “blocking” roles are now known as “alternate” and “backup”. Why does this happen?
- A. All the newly implemented Cisco Catalyst switches have configured PortFast and IEEE 802.1D STP by default.
- B. Timers and interface bandwidth of the new Cisco Catalyst switches have determined the adjustment of the port roles.
By using PortFast, all ports are recently configured for tansformation by an administrator. However, the testing showed that many ports are not functioning as required. Why does this happen?
VLAN traffic needs to be automatically limited to the switches needing it. What technique will do that?
The mac address-table aging-time 180 command has a certain effect on the MAC address table. What is this effect?
- B. Addresses are held for 10 minutes by default, but the MAC address-table holds them for 180 seconds longer.
A fiber connection is accidentally bumped between two core switches in a core network building, resulting in damage on one of the fiber pair. Because of the fault with UDLD, the link, which didn’t recover from replacement of the cable damage, was designed to be placed in a non-forwarding state. The network switch should automatically recover; what is the solution that will allow that?
- B. macros
A switch is deployed by a network engineer which is able to operate the LAN base feature set . The SDM VLAN template is then decided to be used. The template causes a spike in the CPU of the switch during working hours. Why does this happen?
An EtherChannel port configures an access switch. The network administrator notices that not all traffic is duplicated to the management server after the SPAN is configured to monitor the port. Why does this happen?
A storm control is configured by a network engineer on an EtherChannel bundle. What results are seen from this configuration?
- A. There will be no rejection of the storm control configuration, but only the physical interfaces will present it.
- B. The settings of the storm control are visible on the EtherChannel but not on the associated physical ports.
- C. Not only will settings apply to the EtherChannel but also on all the associated physical interfaces.
What does NSF do?
A Network Administrator notices that after the implementation of UDLD occurs, the UDLD packets stops being received by a port which has failed eight retries but still tries to reestablish. The transition of the port to the err disable state then occurs. What describes the port’s transition to the err disable state best?
The “ is notices by an engineer after reviewing the UDLD status on switch ports. What does this say about the port status?
- A. After the detection of acknowledgement inconsistency, the UDLD eventually moved into aggressive mode.
- C. The UDLD port is placed in the "unknown" state for 5 seconds until the next UDLD packet is received on the interface.
It is found through the pilot testing of the new switching infrastructure that upon losing the root port, there is immediate replacement by the STP with an alternative root port. What span-free technology will be used to complete the backup root port selection?
On a port channel that already exists, a network engineer has to set the load balance method. What is the action that the engineer should apply to the new method?
The administrator needs to strictly permit specific VLANs. Which technique will allow that to happen?
Users are prohibited by the IT manager to dynamically establish trunks with their associated upstream switch for security reasons. Choose two actions that will be able to prevent interface trunking.
What are the two protocols which can automatically be negotiated between switches for trunking?
A network engineer notices that the upgrades are not being received by any of the VTP clients after the new data VLANs 1020 through 1030 is configured on the VTP server. What problem could cause this?
About Individual Course:
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||1 Hour|