Business Analysis Essentials (BAB-608)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
About this course
This business analysis class has been designed to help equip interested students with the knowledge and skills required to make performing their jobs easier. The course will also introduce students to best practices and tried and tested methods in the world of business analysis.
Aligned with the standards for requirements definition and business analysis, this course is compliant with the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) of the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA). This BABOK compliant business analysis class will not only help students receive IIBA business analyst certifications in the future but since BABOK is all set to become the business analysis standard, the course will offer multifaceted benefits to students.
Since the final version of BABOK is still in the making, the Business Analysis Essentials course will be updated to adhere to the standard once all updates to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge have been made.
In-depth understanding of what business analyst roles entail
Introduction to standard business analysis methods
Understanding how to go about management and elicitation of project requirements
Understanding how concepts taught in the workshop can be applied practically
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Define BA Roles and responsibilities
- Describe the emerging BA profession including the IIBA certification program
- Describe the difference between business analysis versus systems analysis
- Describe the challenges of business analysis
- Describe the interface between business analysis and project management
- Understand scope and configuration management
- Describe and apply the BABOK Knowledge areas, Fundamental Skill areas and Technical Skills
- Apply enterprise analysis skills in
- Organizational aspirations and measurement of financial performance
- Strategic planning
- Organizational architecture
- Building the business case (feasibility, opportunities, risk, benefits/costs and analysis)
- Detailing and documenting the business case (selecting and prioritizing projects)
- Problem solving
- Describe requirements planning and management (roles, responsibilities, stakeholder needs, interests and conflict management
- Build the requirements development project plan, including
- Identification of deliverables and activities
- Identification of the schedule and milestones for requirements development
- Management of the scope of the requirements project
- Reporting on requirements progress and performance
- Exercises in requirements planning
- Apply requirements gathering techniques for collection of requirements, including
- Identification of scenarios
- Document analysis
- Focus groups
- Interface analysis
- Job shadowing
- Requirements workshop
- Reverse engineering
- User task analysis
- Describe requirements analysis and documentation, and attributes of good requirements
- Apply techniques for analyzing requirements (data/behavior, process/flow and usage models)
- Demonstrate skills in managing
- Supplementary requirements
- Assumptions and constraints
- Requirements attributes
- Traceability of requirements
- Requirements specifications
- Requirements validation
- Communicate requirements
- Identify requirements format (target audience, presentation requirements, preferences and tools)
- Describe the creation of the requirements package
- Describe requirements presentation
- Describe the management of requirements review and signoff
- Exercise in requirements communication and presentation
- Describe requirements implementation including issues such as
- Alternative solutions
- Technology options
- Facilitation of solution selection
- Usability of the solution
- Quality assurance
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's