CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-401) (CompTiaSec-SY0-401)
Virtual Instructor-LedLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
Select A Class Schedule
| Master Subscription |
7-Day FREE Trial
Now Only $1,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00/ Year
Now Only $399.00 Regular Price $3,695.00/ Each
IT security is paramount to organizations as cloud computing and mobile devices have changed the way we do business. With the massive amounts of data transmitted and stored on networks throughout the world, it’s essential to have effective security practices in place. That’s where CompTIA Security+ comes in. Get the Security+ certification to show that you have the skills to secure a network and deter hackers and you’re ready for the job.
In this course, you will build on your knowledge of and professional experience with security fundamentals, networks, and organizational security as you acquire the specific skills required to implement basic security services on any type of computer network. This course can benefit you in two ways. If you intend to pass the CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-401) certification examination, this course can be a significant part of your preparation. But certification is not the only key to professional success in the field of computer security. Today's job market demands individuals with demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this course can help you build your computer security skill set so that you can confidently perform your duties in any security-related role.
The average salary for a IT Security Specialist is $105,000 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the fundamental concepts of computer security.
- Identify security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Manage data, application, and host security.
- Implement network security.
- Identify and implement access control and account management security measures.
- Manage certificates.
- Identify and implement compliance and operational security measures.
- Manage risk.
- Troubleshoot and manage security incidents.
- Plan for business continuity and disaster recovery.
This course is targeted toward the information technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows®-based Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networks; familiarity with other operating systems, such as Mac OS X®, Unix, or Linux; and who wants to further a career in IT by acquiring foundational knowledge of security topics; prepare for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination; or use Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles.
- To ensure your success in your course, you should possess basic Windows user skills and a fundamental understanding of computer and networking concepts. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking one of the below suggested courses:
- Recommended to pass CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications, or equivalent knowledge, and six to nine months experience in networking, including configuring security parameters, are strongly recommended.
- CompTIA® A+®: A Comprehensive Approach (Exams 220-901 and 220-902)
- CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-006)
Suggested prerequisites courses:
- CompTIA A+ Certification: A Comprehensive Approach (Exams 220-901 and 220-902) (Comptia-A)
- CompTIA Network+ (Exam N10-006) (ComptiaNet)
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Lesson 1: Security Fundamentals
Topic A: The Information Security Cycle
Topic B: Information Security Controls
Topic C: Authentication Methods
Topic D: Cryptography Fundamentals
Topic E: Security Policy Fundamentals
Lesson 2: Identifying Security Threats and Vulnerabilities
Topic A: Social Engineering
Topic B: Malware
Topic C: Software-Based Threats
Topic D: Network-Based Threats
Topic E: Wireless Threats and Vulnerabilities
Topic F: Physical Threats and Vulnerabilities
Lesson 3: Managing Data, Application, and Host Security
Topic A: Manage Data Security
Topic B: Manage Application Security
Topic C: Manage Device and Host Security
Topic D: Manage Mobile Security
Lesson 4: Implementing Network Security
Topic A: Configure Security Parameters on Network Devices and Technologies
Topic B: Network Design Elements and Components
Topic C: Implement Networking Protocols and Services
Topic D: Apply Secure Network Administration Principles
Topic E: Secure Wireless Traffic
Lesson 5: Implementing Access Control, Authentication, and Account Management
Topic A: Access Control and Authentication Services
Topic B: Implement Account Management Security Controls
Lesson 6: Managing Certificates
Topic A: Install a CA Hierarchy
Topic B: Enroll Certificates
Topic C: Secure Network Traffic by Using Certificates
Topic D: Renew Certificates
Topic E: Back Up and Restore Certificates and Private Keys
Topic F: Revoke Certificates
Lesson 7: Implementing Compliance and Operational Security
Topic A: Physical Security
Topic B: Legal Compliance
Topic C: Security Awareness and Training
Topic D: Integrate Systems and Data with Third Parties
Lesson 8: Risk Management
Topic A: Risk Analysis
Topic B: Implement Vulnerability Assessment Tools and Techniques
Topic C: Scan for Vulnerabilities
Topic D: Mitigation and Deterrent Techniques
Lesson 9: Troubleshooting and Managing Security Incidents
Topic A: Respond to Security Incidents
Topic B: Recover from a Security Incident
Lesson 10: Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
Topic A: Business Continuity
Topic B: Plan for Disaster Recovery
Topic C: Execute DRPs and Procedures
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to CompTIA® Security+® Exam SY0-401
|Learning Style||Virtual Instructor-Led|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Project Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Career Paths - Find The Quickest Path To What You Need To Learn
- One Subscription, All Access - Take Multiple Courses & Become An Expert
- Manage Your Organization Through Learner & Manager Analytics
- Virtual Instructor-Led Training Supplemented With Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's
Sales (866) 991-3924
Mon-Fri. 8am-6pm CST
Chat Live With Us
Mon-Fri. 8am-6pm CST