Configuration Management with Chef
- Learning Style: On Demand
- Learning Style: Course
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Course Duration: 20 Hours
- Course Info: Download PDF
- Certificate: See Sample
Need Training for 5 or More People?
Customized to your team's need:
- Annual Subscriptions
- Private Training
- Flexible Pricing
- Enterprise LMS
- Dedicated Customer Success Manager
About this course:
Shouldn’t designing your cloud infrastructure be as easy as pie? Are you tired of having to put out fires where creating your machines are concerned? Well, no more! Chef is the perfect solution for creating some sweet and saucy cloud infrastructures.
Configuration is often the most difficult part of designing an infrastructure, making it harder for developers to dictate how your infrastructure should look, function and finally deploying it across multiple networks, well with Chef, kiss your troubles away.
Chef is a collection of tools that are known as ‘configuration management tools’, which help you code exactly how your infrastructure should look, behave and evolve. With Chef, you will get to design your infrastructure to exactly how you want it. A blueprint, known as a cookbook, will define the exact instructions that you want all your machines to follow.
Our ‘Configuration Management with Chef” is not just another course that will simply show you the ropes of Chef with a few examples, but rather our course has been designed from scratch to take you on the journey of learning Chef and mastering this amazing set of tools. By the end of this course, you will know exactly how to write your first Chef recipe.
- Understand what Configuration Management is
- What is Chef and how does it work?
- Components of Chef including the development kit and Test Kitchen Tool
- The Chef server
- How to write your own Cookbook
- Software and IT architects
- Software and network engineers
- IT administrators
- Basic knowledge of Linux is important to complete the course.
- Knowledge of tool like vagrant is a plus.