Cost Control and Project Scheduling
Need Training for 5 or More People?
Customized to your team's need:
- Annual Subscriptions
- Private Training
- Flexible Pricing
- Enterprise LMS
- Dedicated Customer Success Manager
About this course:
Scheduling and cost control are closely-related concepts that serve as the foundation of project management. Any business that engages in ongoing or project-centered production needs to emphasize these strategic elements to ensure efficiency and profitability. In this advanced level course, students will learn the skills you need to effectively establish and manage a realistic schedule and detailed budget. Through hands-on exercises, students will learn to develop an integrated budget and schedule while monitoring project performance during execution. Students will be introduced to analytical techniques, including creation of a work breakdown structure, network diagramming, dependency analysis, critical path determination, three-point estimating, and assessment of resource needs and availability.
Students will learn the management tools that help to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget, as well as the importance of creating baselines for the project schedules and budgets. To communicate your project's progress to stakeholders, students will learn to use earned value analysis and other reporting techniques. Hands-on exercises will demonstrate the mechanisms and importance of formal change control procedures. This course will help prepare you for the PMI Project Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)® certification exam.
The average salary for Project Manager is $71,311 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Use the work breakdown structure to develop a network diagram
- Calculate the schedule and cost estimates using PERT and CPM
- Plan for schedule, scope, and cost variations
- Predict future project performance based on historical data
- Predict, assign and tabulate resource requirements
- Monitor changes and close out projects on time
This course is intended for:
- Associate project managers
- Project managers
- IT project managers
- Project coordinators
- Project analysts
- Project managers should have intermediate or extensive work experience in project management to take on this course.