Mon-Fri 9am to 6pm CST
Data ONTAP SAN Implementation (SANIMP)
Need Training 5 or more people?
Customized to your team's need:
- Annual Subscriptions
- Private Training
- Flexible Pricing
- Enterprise LMS
- Dedicated Customer Success Manager
About this course:
In this course you will learn the installation process for ONTAP 9 Data Management Software for a SAN environment. The course provides information about block-level protocols, including FC, FCoE, NVMe, and iSCSI, on Microsoft Windows Server, Linux and VMware ESXi host operating systems. The learning will be reinforced through hands-on guided labs. The course materials include a lab workbook that will serve as an on-the-job reference guide.
The average salary for NetApp Storage Administrator is $128,000 per year.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Define and Describe SANs using iSCSI, FC, FCoE and NVMe protocols
- Discuss FC switch fabric, LUN masking and zoning
- Create and configure Storage Virtual Machines to use FC and iSCSI protocols
- Configure Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, VMware ESX, and NetApp Data ONTAP systems for iSCSI connectivity
- Configure Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, VMware ESX, and NetApp Data ONTAP systems for FC connectivity
- Create and access a LUN from Windows Server and Red Hat Server
- Troubleshoot SAN connectivity issues
- Professionals who implement SAN solutions that use NetApp storage systems
- Certification as a NetApp Data Management Administrator
- Completion of two courses:
- ONTAP SAN Fundamentals WBT (OSFWBT)
- Either NA-D7ADM or ONTAP 9 Cluster Administration (ONTAP9ADM) or NetApp CDOTDP9
Career & Salary Insight
Data ONTAP SAN ImplementationTrainer Han Arnett was an extremely skillful and knowledgeable person, explained the topics well, and provided examples as required. The lab and training material is very old, seems, developed in 2014 for CDOT8.3, now we are with 9.7. It would be good if the materials revised at regular intervals. Overall I gained knowledge from the trainer. Thanks you for the opportunity and experience.