Databases in Azure
Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
16 HoursCourse Duration
Select A Class Schedule
| Learn Subscription |
7-Day FREE Trial
ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course focuses primarily on Azure SQL Database as a database service that can quickly and efficiently scale to meet demand, is automatically highly available, and supports a variety of third party software.
You’ll be introduced to data services that Azure provides to store, manage, and analyze data. As an alternative to the cost and complexity of managing on-site SQL Server installations, you’ll learn how to quickly set up and start using database applications in Azure. You’ll gain an understanding of how to configure firewall rules, manage log-ins and users, as well as roles and permissions, perform a database restore, and generally secure an Azure SQL database.
Ongoing monitoring of your database applications is essential so you’ll be introduced to tools and techniques that will help you determine usage requirements, plan upgrades, and troubleshoot performance and security issues.
Finally, you’ll be introduced to Azure SQL Data Warehouse, a fully managed and scalable cloud service, that is compatible with other Azure offerings, such as Machine Learning and Data Factory, as well as existing SQL Server tools. As a distributed database management system that can handle large amounts of data in which analytics play a significant role, Azure SQL Data Warehouse provides an ideal solution for organizations that work with Big Data and need to scale up and down quickly.
- How to plan for, deploy, and provision Azure SQL Database.
- How to implement, secure, and manage Azure SQL Database.
- How to use metrics, alerts, auditing, and dynamic management views to monitor Azure SQL Database.
- How to use Azure SQL Data Warehouse for Big Data solutions.
- General understanding of cloud computing models.
- Familiarity with database concepts: relational databases, tables, queries, and schemas.
- Proficiency in PowerShell and command line scripting.
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- Start Here
- Introduction to Working with Databases in Azure
- Provisioning Databases in Azure
- Review Questions Deploying Databases
- Securing Databases
- Export and Self-Service Restore
- Review Questions Managing Databases
- Review Questions Monitoring Databases
Introduction to Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Azure SQL Data Warehouse Concepts
- Provisioning Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Data Analytics
- Review Questions Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Practice Exercises
- Final Exam Graded
- Lab Graded
- Post-Course Survey
Get Microsoft Course Completion Certificate
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||16 Hours|
Why Choose QuickStart?
- Cognitive Learning Based Platform
- Manager Mode and Full Learning Dashboard
- Peer/Team Social Networking Experience
- Bulk Pricing and Team Discouns
Sales (866) 991-3924
Mon-Fri. 8am-6pm CST
Chat Live With Us
Mon-Fri. 8am-6pm CST