Databases in Azure
Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
16 HoursCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription Plan gives you access to this course, PLUS:
7-Day FREE Trial
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99/ Month
About this course:
This course focuses primarily on Azure SQL Database as a database service that can quickly and efficiently scale to meet demand, is automatically highly available, and supports a variety of third party software. You’ll be introduced to data services that Azure provides to store, manage, and analyze data. As an alternative to the cost and complexity of managing on-site SQL Server installations, you’ll learn how to quickly set up and start using database applications in Azure. You’ll gain an understanding of how to configure firewall rules, manage log-ins and users, as well as roles and permissions, perform a database restore, and generally secure an Azure SQL database.
Ongoing monitoring of your database applications is essential so you’ll be introduced to tools and techniques that will help you determine usage requirements, plan upgrades, and troubleshoot performance and security issues.
Finally, you’ll be introduced to Azure SQL Data Warehouse, a fully managed and scalable cloud service, that is compatible with other Azure offerings, such as Machine Learning and Data Factory, as well as existing SQL Server tools. As a distributed database management system that can handle large amounts of data in which analytics play a significant role, Azure SQL Data Warehouse provides an ideal solution for organizations that work with Big Data and need to scale up and down quickly. This course also prepares the students for the Microsoft 70-464: Developing Microsoft SQL Server Databases certification exam.
The average salary for a Database Administrator (DBA) is $71,429 per year.
After completing this course, students will have a working understanding of:
- How to plan for, deploy, and provision Azure SQL Database.
- How to implement, secure, and manage Azure SQL Database.
- How to use metrics, alerts, auditing, and dynamic management views to monitor Azure SQL Database.
- How to use Azure SQL Data Warehouse for Big Data solutions.
This course is intended for
- Cloud Administrator
- General understanding of cloud computing models.
- Familiarity with database concepts: relational databases, tables, queries, and schemas.
- Proficiency in PowerShell and command line scripting.
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- Start Here
- Introduction to Working with Databases in Azure
- Provisioning Databases in Azure
- Review Questions Deploying Databases
- Securing Databases
- Export and Self-Service Restore
- Review Questions Managing Databases
- Review Questions Monitoring Databases
Introduction to Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Azure SQL Data Warehouse Concepts
- Provisioning Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Data Analytics
- Review Questions Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Practice Exercises
- Final Exam Graded
- Lab Graded
- Post-Course Survey
Get Microsoft Course Completion Certificate
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||16 Hours|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's