Devops for Databases
Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
16 HoursCourse Duration
Select A Class Schedule
| Learn Subscription |
7-Day FREE Trial
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99/ Month
|Individual Course |
ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course examines the challenges and solutions of incorporating your database into a DevOps software development process. This course will help you understand the challenges of working with various data stores while developing and changing your software at a rapid pace.
You will learn where and how databases can fit into DevOps processes.
The course will cover:
- Committing database code to a version control system (VCS), Continuous Integration and unit testing database code.
- Release management for databases, in areas such as release gates, deploying releases to multiple environments, validating deployments with smoke tests and rolling back deployments.
- Monitoring database code, branching and merging database code, cross databases dependencies, upgrading multiple databases, federated databases, dark launching, error handling and cleaning up technical debt with databases.
Finally, while the course will primarily use Microsoft SQL Server (and tailor our examples for it), other relational or non-relational database platforms have similar concepts that can be applied.
- Define DevOps and understand DevOps in relation to Databases
- Identify the challenges of using databases that are separate from other software languages and platforms
- Include your database code alongside other application code in a version control system (VCS)
- Set up a Continuous Integration (CI) platform for your database code
- Write and include automated unit tests for your database code
- Develop an automated release process that deploys database changes to both on premise and cloud databases
- Implement branching and merging for your database code
- Instrument and monitor the database after deployment
- Understand basic database development
- Understand relational database development
- Knowledge and experience using basic version control
- Knowledge how to execute scripts against a database platform
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||16 Hours|
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Project Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Career Paths - Find The Quickest Path To What You Need To Learn
- One Subscription, All Access - Take Multiple Courses & Become An Expert
- Manage Your Organization Through Learner & Manager Analytics
- Virtual Instructor-Led Training Supplemented With Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's
Sales (866) 991-3924
Mon-Fri. 8am-6pm CST