Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Gain a solid understanding of defensive security and hands-on capability to handle all types of network defense in this Certified Network Defender (CND) training course. Learn the tactical skills needed to design and manage a secure network while you prepare to pass the CND exam, and gain the knowledge required to ensure data security, properly configure networking technologies, and install defensive software to enhance confidentiality, integrity, and availability. Included in your course tuition is an EC-Council CND exam voucher that enables you to take the exam via ProctorU.
- Install, configure, and manage network security controls and devices
- Design, implement, and monitor security policies
- Harden hosts to secure them against intrusions
- Implement and configure VNPs and wireless network technologies
- Perform risk, threat, and vulnerability assessments.
- Basic network and host operations knowledge and experience commensurate with one to five years of network, host, or application administration.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Network Defender Fundamentals
Classifying threats, vulnerabilities, and attacks
- Reducing risk
- Identifying and assessing measures
Designing and implementing security policies
- Understanding the hierarchy of security policies
- Enforcing and promoting policies effectively
Deploying Security Devices
Configuring wireless security
- Choosing secure and scalable protocols
- Testing wireless security
Monitoring and managing defenses
- Installing patches for hardening
- Analyzing logs
Implementing Host Security
Preventing malware infestations
- Hardening Systems
- Defending with antivirus and whitelists
- Managing configuration
Evaluating baselines and monitoring
- Patching and remediating hosts
- Investigating types of authentication and authorization
- Enforcing centralized access controls
Securing the Network Perimeter
Restricting access with a firewall
- Designing the DMZ
- Implementing deep inspection and filters
Encrypting data with a VPN
- Selecting secure protocols
- Authenticating encryption endpoints
Responding to Incidents
- Monitoring traffic
- Deploying IDS and IPS
- Examining forensic artifacts
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's