From 0 to 1: Hive for Processing Big Data
Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
15 HoursCourse Duration
Select A Class Schedule
| Learn Subscription |
7-Day FREE Trial
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99/ Month
|Individual Course |
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $49.00/ Each
Taught by a 4 person team including 2 Stanford-educated, ex-Googlers and 2 ex-Flipkart Lead Analysts. This team has decades of practical experience in working with large-scale data.
Hive is like a new friend with an old face (SQL). This course is an end-to-end, practical guide to using Hive for Big Data processing.
Let's parse that
A new friend with an old face: Hive helps you leverage the power of Distributed computing and Hadoop for Analytical processing. It's interface is like an old friend : the very SQL like HiveQL. This course will fill in all the gaps between SQL and what you need to use Hive.
End-to-End: The course is an end-to-end guide for using Hive: whether you are analyst who wants to process data or an Engineer who needs to build custom functionality or optimize performance - everything you'll need is right here. New to SQL? No need to look elsewhere. The course has a primer on all the basic SQL constructs, .
Practical: Everything is taught using real-life examples, working queries and code .
- Analysts who want to write complex analytical queries on large scale data
- Engineers who want to know more about managing Hive as their data warehousing solution
Analytical Processing: Joins, Subqueries, Views, Table Generating Functions, Explode, Lateral View, Windowing and more
Tuning Hive for better functionality: Partitioning, Bucketing, Join Optimizations, Map Side Joins, Indexes, Writing custom User Defined functions in Java. UDF, UDAF, GenericUDF, GenericUDTF, Custom functions in Python, Implementation of MapReduce for Select, Group by and Join
For SQL Newbies: SQL In Great Depth
Hive requires knowledge of SQL. The course includes and SQL primer at the end. Please do that first if you don't know SQL. You'll need to know Java if you want to follow the sections on custom functions.
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- You, Us & This Course
- Introducing Hive
- Hadoop and Hive Install
- Hadoop and HDFS Overview
- Hive Basics
- Built-in Functions
- Understanding MapReduce
- MapReduce logic for queries: Behind the scenes
- Join Optimizations in Hive
- Custom Functions in Python
- Custom functions in Java
- SQL Primer - Select Statemets
- SQL Primer - Group By, Order By and Having
- SQL Primer - Joins
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||15 Hours|
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Project Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Career Paths - Find The Quickest Path To What You Need To Learn
- One Subscription, All Access - Take Multiple Courses & Become An Expert
- Manage Your Organization Through Learner & Manager Analytics
- Virtual Instructor-Led Training Supplemented With Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's
Sales (866) 991-3924
Mon-Fri. 8am-6pm CST