Introduction to Data Modeling
|SUBSCRIBE TO 7-DAY FREE TRIAL|
About Individual Course:
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription Plan gives you access to this course, PLUS:
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99/ Month
About this course:
The role of the data modeler has become even more critical to the ongoing lifecycle of development and maintenance, especially in this age of digital transformation. Analysts, developers, DBAs, and BI professionals need to develop their skills in analyzing and modeling data. Whether working with new or legacy data, you must define rules for quality, retention, and protection. And you need a good foundation of data and data design concepts before you begin sourcing, preparing, and manipulating data.
In this introductory course, learn how logical and physical data modeling can give you a better understanding of your organization's data, business rules, and information architecture decisions. Examine how data models are critical to your data security, privacy, and compliance posture. And get hands-on with real-world data—analyze it, implement business requirements, develop data models, and forward and reverse-engineer SQL Server databases.
Note: To complete the hands-on requirements, you’ll work with Office 365, Visual Studio, and Azure SQL Database. Free or limited-time trials are available for these products. You will require an Azure subscription. You can sign up for a free Azure trial subscription (a valid credit card is required for verification, but you will not be charged for Azure services). Note that the free trial is not available in all regions. It is possible to complete the course and earn a certificate without completing the hands-on practices.
- Fundamentals of normalization and why it's important to transactional databases
- How to develop logical and physical data models
- How to model data security, privacy and protection requirements
- When and where to model database-specific performance requirements
- How model-driven development fits in a DevOps or agile environment
- How to avoid schema drift and other data anti-patterns
- Database Engineer
- A basic understanding of computers, a willingness to learn, and an ability to persevere and troubleshoot problems.
Self-Paced Learning Outline
Introducing Data Modeling
- Introducing Data Models
- Module 1 Lab and Assessment
- Introducing Normalization
- Module 2 Lab and Assessment
Designing Logical Data Models
- Introducing Entity Relationship Diagramming (ERD)
- Designing Entities, Attributes and Relationships
- Identifying Primary and Foreign Keys
- Modeling for Data Quality
- Modeling for Data Protection
- Module 3 Lab and Assessment
Designing Physical Data Models
- Modeling for Databases and Applications
- Designing Keys - Primary, Foreign, others
- Designing Tables, Columns, Constraints & Indexes
- Designing for Data Protection
- Module 4 Lab and Assessment
Leveraging Data Models in Agile and DevOps Projects
- Introducing Data Modeling Processes
- Leveraging Model-Driven Development
- Versioning, Testing and Deliverables
- Bringing it All Together
- Final Assessment
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||12 Hours|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt