IT Network and Security Administrator Certification Program
- Learning Style: On Demand
- Provider: CompTIA
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Course Duration: 12 Weeks
- Certificate: See Sample
Need Training for 5 or More People?
Customized to your team's need:
- Annual Subscriptions
- Private Training
- Flexible Pricing
- Enterprise LMS
- Dedicated Customer Success Manager
About this Program:
The IT Network and Security Administrator Certification Program is an immersive and accelerated training program with a focus on creating the next generation of IT professionals. You will attend courses, do hands on labs, and apply your learning to successfully complete projects that address different topics such as networking and security fundamentals. Throughout the program you will interact with experts who will guide you through the program, answer questions, and help with labs and projects. The program will end with a capstone project where you will apply your learnings to real life information technology challenges. This is a 12-weeks program that includes 10 weeks of certification training and 2 weeks for exam preparation. Graduates of this program will learn critical skills for different network and security careers and will have access to career services as well.
This program covers following topics:
- Explain what bounded networking media is
- Identify major network communication methods along with basic network theory concepts.
- Explain what unbounded network media is
- Identify TCP/IP data delivery and addressing methods
- Analyze switching and routing technologies
- Identity the major kinds of network deployments
- Identify TCP/IP deployment components
- Deploy network security
- Analyze network security
- Identify virtualization and cloud computing components
- Identity WAN deployment components
- Identify remote network deployment components
- Troubleshoot network issues
- Manage networks
- Proactively implement sound security protocols to mitigate security risks
- Quickly respond to security issues
- Retroactively identify where security breaches may have occurred
- Design a network, on-site or in the cloud, with security in mind
- System/Network Security
- Security Threats (Social Engineering, Malware)
- Identity and Assess Management
Certifications You Can Be Ready For:
This program will cover the material needed for following certifications:
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
During the Program, you will work with your Career Counselor and Mentor to develop specific certification exams that you should take and additional activities you need to do to pass those certifications. We don't anticipate our students to take all these exams during the Program
- Computer support professionals who may be either looking for or occupying entry level positions, having a basic knowledge of computer software, hardware, and operating systems.
- It is also intended to be opted for by those who wish to take the CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-008).
- Anybody who wants to enhance their understanding and knowledge of networking concepts while gaining the skills needed to excel in network support career or administration career, then this course is a must for them.
- Those professionals who are familiar with operating systems like Unix, macOS®, Linux, and wish to further progress in their IT career by obtaining in-depth knowledge of security topics.
- It can also be undertaken by those opting to take the CompTIA Security+ certification examination or wish to use this to attempt advanced level certifications related to security.
To ensure your success in this Program, you should have experience with basic computer user skills, be able to complete tasks in a Microsoft® Windows® environment, be able to search for, browse, and access information on the Internet, and have basic knowledge of computing concepts